Why pay so much for an SSL certificate?

Discussion in 'Website Development & Design' started by MicroScriber, Jun 14, 2012.

1. MicroScriber

MicroScriber
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Reading down the list of various threads, the costs stated for SSL certificates seems a little steep. I've tried several web hosts and have not been very satisfied with service, speed, etc. Who I use for web hosting is HostMonster.com. Unlimited everything with SSL... doesn't break the bank.

2. prajwal1

prajwal1
    uix_expand uix_collapse

How about godaddy

SSL certificate are used for encrypting sensitive data such as credit cars and are essential for eCommerce sites. It safeguards user data. If you are searching for ssl certificate you can find it cheap in godaddy.com for around $12.99.

There are other ssl certificates too so search for the one that suits you.

If you want to know more about ssl visit here.http://tldp.org/HOWTO/SSL-Certificates-HOWTO/x64.html

3. jamestylor

jamestylor
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Hello Friend...

Secure web site with both industry-standard 128-bit encryption and high grade 256-bit encryption with an SSL certificate. And If u want to buy or renew SSL Certificates and Save up to 80% on SSL Certificates you can visit this link https://www.renewsslcertificates.com/

Thanks for..

4. ServerGurus.com

ServerGurus.com
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I believe the cost of more expensive SSL certificates (such as EV certificates) is meant to cover the cost of manual review of business identity and documents, though the price is still a bit high.