Why not having universal currency worldwide

Discussion in 'Off Topic Discussion' started by realitybites.in, Aug 29, 2009.

1. realitybites.in

realitybites.in
    uix_expand uix_collapse

as EU has Euro
    Why not having universal currency worldwide

Even north american union is planing of having same type of currency

After Years may be even Asian and African same type currency

i think will be much better if we have same currency across the world

2. simplyjo

simplyjo
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Umm.. interesting thought but currencies depend on economy, per capita income etc.. If such a thing happens, a universal currency with same rate worldwide would just not work.. What is everyone else's thought on this ?

3. Sahil

Sahil
    uix_expand uix_collapse

The same currency in the world will create lots of problems rather then making easy, the problems will be like - the poor countries like Africa will become equal to USA. That will create financial problems in many countries.

4. JBMedia

JBMedia
    uix_expand uix_collapse

No offense, but I'm a firm believer in the theory that when one currency is used throughout all nations, then the New world order has come. Which I do not want to happen. Keep the currencies different please lol.

5. anamaria

anamaria
    uix_expand uix_collapse

No way !!! No ofence, but that's part of comunist ideology where all must be just equals , and that will go on grave involution for humans. People are differents , some have more and some have less (ideas, talents, divine gifts): that is the Evolution from selections. Only best will survive in any situation, only powerfull will win. Any disturbed of this system will go to a world seek, with no resource for the future !

6. Fergal

Fergal
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Premium Member
    Premium Member

The world is becoming flatter and a single currency is something that may become a reality in the future. Sixteen countries in Europe already use the Euro as a single currency. The US Dollar is used as the basis for a huge amount of international trade that is done online. I live in Ireland, where we use the Euro and when I think about the value of a domain name, website or a service provided online I automatically think in Dollars, not in Euro.

A single currency would probably help improve the standard of living for people in poor countries and reduce it for those of us in developed countries.

7. Draker

Draker
    uix_expand uix_collapse

It is stupid idea. If would be currency worldwide, there will be comunisity politic on earth and any who would have some power, will can manipulate parties of parlaments.

8. Kibby

Kibby
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Ok well if we had a global currency then what would happen to Africa, would they suddenly become uncorrupt and what if the global currency becomes to high, we would all then be effected. Then again it could turn out for the good and then you wouldn't have to worry about exchange rate and it would be much easier to deal with.

9. Specter

Specter
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Dont worry, the Elite of our world is already tacking care of it ;S

World Bank, World Currency, World Religion, everything just 1 to the entire planet

Welcome to the New World Order

10. sigma

sigma
    uix_expand uix_collapse

It is possible but not that easy, it involve many thing. Not all the countries will suppose this kind of policy. When the time Euro first establish, they are facing many problem too. By the way, their all have representative currency. Like America is US dollar, Asia is Japanese Yan, Euro is euro (previously is pound) etc

11. seanstevens

seanstevens
    uix_expand uix_collapse

There is nothing wrong with the idea, no suggestion is stupid and deserves to be looked into.

However, this simply will not happen in our life time.

I'm from the UK (live in Germany). Regardless of my thoughts about the Euro of GBP. The general population of the UK would NEVER vote to give up the GBP. It is a tradition and the older generations would not allow it to disappear.

There are differences between the European community and the UK. The EU countries were not happy about giving up their currencies, but in the end they did and despite some issues and some major price hikes in some areas, it is quite stable. The UK has a different history, and sees itself more as a pace setter than a follower. Many countries have a royal family, but again, nothing matches "the" queen. A country that has this built into its mindset would not change its currency. (also seeing as it is more likely that conservatives will win the next election, I would not expect this to change soon).

I, like Fergal, tend to think in $ before any other currency, mainly because it is the business currency, but think how many jobs would be lost if we only had one currency - less jobs in banks, money exchanges, treasury departments, hedge funds etc etc...

I now appear to be rambling, so I'll sign off. :p

12. Fergal

Fergal
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Premium Member
    Premium Member

Sean, it's slightly off-topic but do you think the UK would vote yes or no, if you had a referendum on the Lisbon Treaty?

Do you really think this will happen? I can't imagine everyone in the world adopting a single religion.

13. seanstevens

seanstevens
    uix_expand uix_collapse

My gut says the result would come in as a No. I get the feeling that the conservatives may sort out a referendum if they win the next election if they can get a no vote.

I was in Dublin a couple of weeks ago I noticed that the 'yes' camp had a lot more advertising going on in the streets than the 'no' camp. You think you guys will vote yes this time around?

14. Fergal

Fergal
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Premium Member
    Premium Member

I believe that it will be a "Yes" vote this time round. Having a second referendum is very undemocratic in my opinion. I also believe the UK would vote No. The people of France and The Netherlands have already voted No to the EU Constitution, which is almost the same document as the Lisbon Treaty. The people of the EU don't want this but the powers that be are bringing it in anyway.

Someone asked me, the other morning, why there is another vote on this? I answered that it was because people voted No last time and the government wants them to vote Yes. He said that if the people vote No this time the government will probably get them to vote again. Not an unusual conversation, but the person I was speaking to is six years old. Sometimes it is difficult to be proud of what your country is doing.

15. seanstevens

seanstevens
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Have to agree there. It also shows you just how pure the mind of a child is. I'd love to see the UK government have to stand in front of a school class and take questions and give a response, just to see if they could breakdown all the nonsense they normally talk into plain, understandable English.

16. Fergal

Fergal
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Premium Member
    Premium Member

I wonder would they do it Dan Quayle potatoe style.

17. seanstevens

seanstevens
    uix_expand uix_collapse

:D - could you image the PM answering the question: "my daddy says your rubbish and you made him lose his job, why did you do that?" :eek:

18. coolashish

coolashish
    uix_expand uix_collapse

yeah many of the countries will oppose to this idea bcoz it will really create problems with the poor countries

19. Fergal

Fergal
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Premium Member
    Premium Member

Why would it create problems for poor countries? My experience of some poor countries is that the US Dollar is widely accepted there anyway. Also some poor countries already have a fixed exchange rate between their own currency and the Dollar. It could help poor countries because they can produce goods and services at a lower cost and a single currency would help remove competitive barriers between themselves and the developed world.

I think one of the main reasons why we won't see a single currency is because it would help poor countries to the detriment of wealthier more powerful countries.

I'd like to see that. But unfortunately most politicians would slither their way out of it.

20. Nissan

Nissan
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I think this cannot be done in our life time. But, it may be done if all the countries are united. US night not agree to lose their Doller($) and do UK. There are many issues to be considered before the global currency takes.
    How would you differentiate the poor country and the rich one, i mean comparing with what value?
    Hope to see a global currency, but afraid that this might not take a turn in my life time.