Why my thread posts are been deleted??

Discussion in 'Member Questions, Feedback & Suggestions' started by justin Urbas, Jan 22, 2016.

1. justin Urbas

justin Urbas
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Recently i commented in one of these threads, on Best SEO tool, but my posts are been deleted for no good reason? why???

2. Joseph.Shivell

Joseph.Shivell
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Community Leader
    Community Leader

I checked the thread you mentioned, and you have made a few contributions to the thread, which still remain in the forum. There are several reasons why a post will be removed, and there are two ways to notify the member who posted it - through the deletion window itself, or when a member is issued a warning. You were issued a warning back in September for "Short Post to Reply To Thread", which expired in October. Unfortunately, although I was the one who issued it, I don't have a record of the thread in which that post was posted. Occasionally, when a member who has usually made helpful posts slips up (it happens to the best of us), we will remove the post without issuing a warning, and may notify the member through the deletion window, which looks like this:

Deletion Window.png

We will click on the box that says "Notify author of this action. Reason:", and will then fill out the reason for the deletion. Either way, the member is always notified, unless it is an old post from an old thread that we missed when it was first posted. Posts are never removed "for no good reason".

3. justin Urbas

justin Urbas
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Fine, Joseph will surely keep that in mind. I did get your warning in September regarding short posts. But what's wrong in explaining something in brief. If did comes out naturally. Still i will follow guidelines from now on. Thank you

4. K.K.RajDurai

K.K.RajDurai
    uix_expand uix_collapse

i too agree with the admin, i will also follow the guide lines hear after

#4 K.K.RajDurai, Mar 1, 2016
    Last edited: Mar 1, 2016
  5. joy farnadis

joy farnadis
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Yes i also have the same question. Some times my posts are also not showing

6. harunsing

harunsing
    uix_expand uix_collapse

If you not follow the instruction or if you upload the duplicate question then it will delete your post

7. Joseph.Shivell

Joseph.Shivell
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Community Leader
    Community Leader

I find it slightly offensive being referred to as "it". Although harunsing is correct, duplicating a question can get your post removed, this does not usually result in a warning. Instead, the member posting the duplicate question will be provided with a link to the thread or threads where the question was originally asked. If the duplicate question is within a thread where the question was asked, the post would again be removed and the member would receive a gentle reminder indicating that they should not duplicate the question.
    There are various other reasons why a post would be removed, and members receive a notification why when this occurs. In some cases, they will also be told not only what they did wrong, but what they should have done instead. If a post is not "wrong", but can be made better, the member will be given one or more suggestions on how to do so, and can re-submit a rewritten post if the wish.

8. sam07

sam07
    uix_expand uix_collapse

yeah, follow the guide and instruction that the admin's protocol for us to have organize thought that will help us all

9. joy farnadis

joy farnadis
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Thank you for information i will also follow this

10. daytrader

daytrader
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Same thing happen to my posts, they were deleted and i lost a lot of credits due to it. why a sudden prune of posts?

11. Joseph.Shivell

Joseph.Shivell
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Community Leader
    Community Leader

Although we do have a few moderators, we cannot cover the forum 24/7. As a result, we sometimes miss a post that violates the forum rules, duplicates the information from a previous post(especially on longer threads), or simply does not contribute much to the thread. Therefore, when we find a post that does any of the above, we will remove it. We will sometimes notice a previous post that should have been caught earlier, and remove it as well. Occasionally, we will go through the entire thread and remove any and all posts that we didn't catch previously that should have been removed.
    We do this to make sure that all members get the most helpful advice we can give them, whether creating a new thread or accessing an existing one, and to keep the quality of the forum as high as possible.