Why Local search is Crucial to your Biz Op

Discussion in 'Search Engine Optimization' started by lotn7, Apr 30, 2010.

1. lotn7

lotn7
    uix_expand uix_collapse

There is a stiff competition out there, it is therefore very hard for a small biz like you and I to be found on the net.The web is getting bigger and bigger and the battle to get listed higher up in search engines is less than 0.5%.

To beat this competition, It is advisable to go local:
    1. Internet users are more savvy and broadening their search phrases locally allowing search engines to deliver content that are more specific and relevant to the local user.

2.Research shows that more than70% of household users perform their search for a local company or products on daily basis as opposed to a foreign company or product.

3. Anyway, most users would like to deal with a company they know before a company that is far away.

Before I my company was listed on the local search,I received no traffic at all, but now 70% of traffic comes from within New Zealand and 15% from USA .The other remaining % comes from other places. So you can see the importance of listing your company locally than going for the the stiff competition out there!

So create your biz listing in Google local ,Yahoo and Bingo today and see the results.

I would suggest you start with Google local search, it is free, easy and faster.
    1. Log into Google local business center account. Enter your user name and pass word, business details...website URL, opening hours, bhla, bhla...

When done, you will be asked to verify your business listing before it goes live.
    And that's it, you will be listed in their local search and get free traffic for life.

I hope this helps most of our newbies out there:)

Lotn7

2. kamalchandel

kamalchandel
    uix_expand uix_collapse

How can I come my website on the top list of local search.

3. Lingua21

Lingua21
    uix_expand uix_collapse

If you want to get a local listing in Google then try the likes of Vivastreet and Gumtree. Make sure that you optimise the advert like you would a web page.

Better still, create a Facebook group but the important thing is to have an appropriate title like for example 'Yoga lessons in Dublin' and put lots of related content on the page.