Why link building is a waste of time

Discussion in 'Search Engine Optimization' started by Business Attorney, Jan 30, 2014.

1. Business Attorney

Business Attorney
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Premium Member
    Premium Member

• Like Like x 1
  2. Halwits

Halwits
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I don't think so that it is a waste of time. After the Google updates, relevant link building becomes important. You have to build high quality and relevant backlinks in order to rank well in search engine results.

3. Business Attorney

Business Attorney
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Premium Member
    Premium Member

@halwits - Although the article thread is "Why link building is a waste of time," that actual article adds "... or isn't". The point is that everything works - or doesn't - depending on the details.

Take blog commenting, for example. If you post a useful comment on a blog that has readers who participate in a dialog through the comments to the blog posts, a link may be useful. But for most "SEO experts", blog commenting consists of auto-posting thousands of useless generic comments like "Interesting post" to as many blogs as possible. Totally useless for SEO purposes and a rude misuse of the author's blog.

That is true of almost every SEO strategy. For me, a listing in the one of the top online law directories that existed in print long before the Internet came along is useful. However, that doesn't mean that a listing in one of the thousands of generic link directories is useful. Those are a waste of time, or possibly even detrimental to your SEO efforts.

4. senabhijit

senabhijit
    uix_expand uix_collapse

According to me, Link building is positively not a waste of time if you do it right. I will believe that you do it manually, which is essentially the worst way to do it. Although unethical, I use many SEO tools to build links for my websites quickly and I always have fantastic results.

5. Printed Products

Printed Products
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I just wish it was a waste of time. We see loads of sites ranking where they obviously do so because of the links not the content!!! We're not planning on going down the 'any old link will do' route though. Then again, never say never - but not yet :)

6. David Parkes

David Parkes
    uix_expand uix_collapse

If you create quality and natural backlinks pointing to your site then it is not waste of time.
    If someone does spam then no doubt.

• Like Like x 1
  7. jamesjennifer

jamesjennifer
    uix_expand uix_collapse

i don't think link building is the waste of time, but quality work is always potential.

8. hunteryz

hunteryz
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Do not give up, SEO is not for short term, be patient.
    If SEO useless, then ranking useless, IF ranking useless, Google AdSense useless,If Google Adsense useless then........
    I try to do housewares for 4 months, from no ranking to page 2, i Have to be patient,
    Beside SEO, you can thinking about why you need ranking or traffic, you need them for what? the key point is traffic, not ranking.

9. MallofStyle

MallofStyle
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Doing link building naturally and ethically is not a waste.

Give it 4-6 months to see results.

10. JaneAndrew

JaneAndrew
    uix_expand uix_collapse

^ hear hear

while building links naturally is indeed not a waste of time, i know from experience that many seo 'experts' sneak into the shady (read blackhat) zone to make the efforts more fruitful, but at the risk of attracting Google's wrath.

- - - - Posts Merged - - - -

Exactly! This is what makes it so important to hire the right SEO team.

11. Henry Calvin

Henry Calvin
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Without link building Off-site Seo is dead. You must to do link building for your website. Just avoid to do spamming.

12. greatar4

greatar4
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I strongly disagree with the point made that post. Link building can't be a waste of time while countless number of webmasters are ranking their websites by using that methods.

13. hunteryz

hunteryz
    uix_expand uix_collapse

No one can tell what will happened in future except God, maybe Google will gone in the future.

14. lomey

lomey
    uix_expand uix_collapse

They mean, anything that is just posted for the shake of link is really bad. Important observation in link building is you should get links from very diverse resources.

15. shaadisankalp

shaadisankalp
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Without link building Off-site Seo is dead. You must to do link building for your website. Just avoid to do spamming. Off page is best way increasing the traffic ranking of website.

16. councilsoft

councilsoft
    uix_expand uix_collapse

yes link building is important for your web site promotion you can create links through guest posting, forums, social sites, blogs, quality relevant links.

17. daniel.stock2013

daniel.stock2013
    uix_expand uix_collapse

For me link building not a waste of time, link building which help your website achieve higher ranking with the major search engines and drive targeted traffic to your site.

18. dir4uk

dir4uk
    uix_expand uix_collapse

link building works as blood in SEO so without link building there will be no taffic

19. gtt

gtt
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I beg to disagree. Just as long as you do it the right way and NO spamming, then you're in the right track. It takes some time to see the results.

It took me at least 4 months of hard work and patience performing a variety of campaigns (well that's a combination of organic and paid search) for my previous client, targeting global market for a immigration consultant niche. It paid off so well.