Why is it Important to Be Healthy?

Discussion in 'Self Improvement and Being Successful' started by apexis, Aug 1, 2012.

1. apexis

apexis
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Being healthy is the most important thing you can do for yourself and your family. Your health should be a top priority no matter what else is going on in your life. Its not hard to take care of yourself, but it does require some dedication.
    Why is it important to be healthy? One reason is so you can be there for your family. This is especially important for someone with very young children. Being overweight and leading a sedentary lifestyle leave you open for many health problems that could lead to early death. Getting extra weight off and becoming active are imperative.
    Taking care of small children requires you to be healthy. How can you play with your children if you get out of breath walking up the stairs? Will you let someone else take your kids to the park because you cant do it? This is really not an option. Your children need you to do things with them. It builds unbreakable bonds.
    Parents want the best for their children. Teaching them how to be happy and healthy is a very important job that parents face. Being healthy allows you to do so much more with your children. Things they will remember in the years to come and look back on fondly.
    Why is it important to be healthy? Another reason is to take care of other family members that might not be able to do it for themselves. If you are in charge of a sick or terminally ill family member you have to keep healthy yourself. Otherwise the level of care will not be up to par.
    Sometimes your health level impacts your financial life. Certain professions require that you stay in good shape. If you plan to go into one of these professions, getting into and staying in good shape, is essential. Some professions that require good health and check certain other health markers are the military, police, firefighters, and utility workers.
    Single people often find that being healthy and looking good helps in terms of dating. Humans are visual beings. The first thing a person will notice about another is the way they look. If you are healthy and look fit you are going to get more attention from the opposite sex.
    Why is it important to be healthy? Being healthy makes life easier, sweeter, and more fulfilling in every way. You will be able to engage in more activities, meet interesting people, and grow in certain professions if you stay healthy. Staying in shape and being healthy will set a good example for your children. Every aspect of life is affected by health. Keep on top of your health and there is no telling what youll achieve in life.

• Like Like x 1
  2. BAFHarvest

BAFHarvest
    uix_expand uix_collapse

yeah! it is absolute. being healthy is just the basic foundation of life. if you are not that healthy, then you would not be living life to the fullest and the way you want it to be! :)

3. nashir

nashir
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Because "Health is Wealth".

4. kimipatel

kimipatel
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Health is the 1st priority in our like... "Kehte hai na Jaan hai to jahahh hai"....

5. Mark T

Mark T
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Being healthy means having a balanced life, professional and personally. Better health helps you do more tasks you were not able to do before.

6. danadlington

danadlington
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I have a lot of friends with young families who are badly out of shape. I am always trying to encourage them to become physically active. What bothers me is their lack of dedication to it and how they appear to be unaware, or don't care, about the health implications later on. I have come to the conclusion that health awareness is an individual thing.

For me personally I do boxing training 3 times a week for an hour and run 12 miles a week as well as I watching my diet. Since I gave up caffeine my energy levels are always up and I generally feel great. I will recommend people learning a martial art as the health benefits are definitely worth it.

7. Fergal

Fergal
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Premium Member
    Premium Member

Did you give up caffeine completely? Did you find it difficult to give it up? I've cut down my caffeine a lot in recent years and now I drink a max of three cups of tea or coffee a day, I would find it difficult to give it up completely but would do it if I felt it would give me the same benefits you enjoyed.

8. pawee

pawee
    uix_expand uix_collapse

True! We can all work and buy all the stuffs we need and want but we can never buy health!

9. MarkTaylor

MarkTaylor
    uix_expand uix_collapse

As the ancient Greeks put it 'healthy body healthy mind' - I really believe the two are connected. M.

10. MrMadhatter

MrMadhatter
    uix_expand uix_collapse

its important for general wellbeing, it acctualy makes you feel so much better when you have a healthy lifestyle:)

11. noreturn

noreturn
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I personally think that it's important to stay healthy because being able to do stuff at a moments notice is always nice. Also being healthy also makes you live up to 10 years longer studys have shown.

12. Kamya

Kamya
    uix_expand uix_collapse

If you are healthy then only you can perform and do things well.
    Healthy mind and body is mandatory now a days..

13. libertyreverse

libertyreverse
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Human beings are the most important assets of a nation. It is people who drive the world, it is we who make the world go round. The absence of health can make the world come to a standstill. Do I seem to be exaggerating? I am not. The absence of health can actually mean passivity, unhappiness and gloom. Would anyone like to live in a somber atmosphere? Would we be able to thrive in an unhealthy atmosphere? The true definition of health brings out the real essence of a healthy life.

14. clickfund

clickfund
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Staying healthy is a must if you want your mind to be sharp, and your life to flourish bot personally and business wise

15. libertyreverse

libertyreverse
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I really appreciate your post and you explain each and every point very well.

16. Kalaborative

Kalaborative
    uix_expand uix_collapse

If youre healthy your body is at its fullest potential. you have a sense of balance when you're healthy and nothing is too big or small. It's "just right".

17. Catherine

Catherine
    uix_expand uix_collapse

only the good healthy can make you do what you want, such as traveling , more energy to work, be hopeful to the life.

18. Jack Simmons

Jack Simmons
    uix_expand uix_collapse

It is important to be healthy because it makes us live long, helps our body resist viruses and it protects us from diseases...

19. malim

malim
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Hey apexis you wrote really nice things.

20. manojagadi

manojagadi
    uix_expand uix_collapse

If you are Healthy means you will be Happy and you can do the work.