Why google down my keyword Ranking

Discussion in 'Internet Marketing' started by experttalk, Nov 19, 2010.

1. experttalk

experttalk
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Hii Tell me one thing When i checked my ranking in Google Search Engine (Google.co.in) few days back With Payroll Software keyword its was showing in top 10 after few days its down and place it older position in 15th position. what is main problem with this.

2. GekiDan

GekiDan
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I think it is called Google Dance. I personally don't understand most of it.
    But with a simple Google Search, it lead me in the article below:

3. sigma

sigma
    uix_expand uix_collapse

The up and down in SERP is normal nd you an expect your keyword stay at the same position unless you have huge number of strong backlink like wikipedia

4. brownnataly21

brownnataly21
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Sigma, you are right. Such kind of changs are normal and you shouldn't panic at all. Just continue your work on the site.

5. freelancemom

freelancemom
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Don't put all your eggs in one basic either with keyword phrases... The majority of my own website traffic comes from what's known as long tail searches. Even though I do rank high for some great terms -- if I were to lose the rankings tomorrow I could still fall back on those long tails.

Make sure your site has unique, useful, relevant content for your niche. Try to make your website the best of it's kind in terms of what you offer to your visitors. You'll find that you rank for more keyword phrases than you ever imagined :)

All that said -- it's normal to see your rankings go up and down. You'll also find that different people get different search results based on their location or surfing habits.

6. Fergal

Fergal
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Premium Member
    Premium Member

bbsplpayroll is bbspl.com the site in question? If it is, the first thing you should do is shorten your title tag and include your keyword at the very start of it.

Google's search engine rankings change all the time. Perhaps your competitors improved their SEO or increased their back links, or perhaps there was a change on your site or your back links that suggested to Google that your site would be less valuable to people looking for information on that keyword.

My suggestions would be;
    Include the keyword at the start of your title tag
    Build quality links to your site, using keywords as your anchor text
    Use the keyword in your site text, especially in H1 & H2 tags.

Please do post back with your suggestions and we will give you more advice and suggestions.

7. Gomage

Gomage
    uix_expand uix_collapse

You should study the pupularity of key words from time to time. If you have news on your main page (very useful trick) you add a news with the most pupular keywords. The content of site should be updated and added all the time shuch sites goes to top.

8. driansmith

driansmith
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Premium Member
    Premium Member

As an aside - I would also like to point out that the 'Google Dance' is really not applicable any more. This referred to a time (few years ago) when the updates to the algorithm were saved up and launched at the same time - sometimes producing quite dramatic changes to SERPS. This no longer really applies as the algorithm is much more of a constantly changing beast.

9. Mariane1

Mariane1
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Google Dance´╝îmaybe

10. wockkelly

wockkelly
    uix_expand uix_collapse

More likely google realised what a pathetic and useless your site is. Yeah, i think that is the main reason.

11. Fergal

Fergal
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Premium Member
    Premium Member

If you are going to be so critical of the site, perhaps you could give some suggestions to improve it?

12. DavidL

DavidL
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Rankings don't just move around because a site is "pathetic and useless". How could a site that was "pathetic and useless" appear on the first page in the first place? Your logic escapes me there.

bbsplpayroll, I'd suggest you continue what you've been currently doing for getting to the top 10. Rankings are a very touchy topic, but I think if you choose to continue for the the user, then you should not worry primarily about rankings.

13. rankingchannel

rankingchannel
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Google dance is actually something that doesn't exist anymore. It used to be the case where the database would index the cache every so often, but now it's much quicker. I don't know the exact amount of time, but I my tests usually show anywhere from 2 - 4 days.