Why Google disclose SEO resource?

Discussion in 'Search Engine Optimization' started by patrick0001, Feb 13, 2012.

1. patrick0001

patrick0001
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Have you ever think of why Google disclose SEO resource? Why Google keep advise people create fresh content, anchor text help improve ranking, install GA and webmaster tool? Below are my view point:

1. Millions of fresh content born daily, it make user must relied on Google search to reach the targeted site.
    2. Anchor text, it increase keywords competition, high keywords competition make adwords PPC program more valuable.
    3. install GA and webmaster tool, it help Google well analysis site traffic in and out and user habit.
    4. Google webmaster blog, so all webmaster can follow their guide to improve Google search.

What do you think?

• Like Like x 1
  2. enaraven

enaraven
    uix_expand uix_collapse

do no t you worry every thing is one just Google is accepting the good articles

3. Joseph.Shivell

Joseph.Shivell
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Community Leader
    Community Leader

The first two items on you list are basic SEO principles - adding fresh content to our site does not force searchers to use Google. Anchor text is also picked up by all the search engines, not just Google. Also, although they may have different names, other search engines have PPC programs as well. Google is used by more people than any other search engine, so the third and fourth items on your list are there to help website owners get the best results, and reach the most potential customers or clients, that they can.

• Like Like x 2
  4. Mark T

Mark T
    uix_expand uix_collapse

In my own view, many webmasters (well not all, not universally) are just complicating things because of theories and many misconceptions that misguided many online users and learners into the real process of SEO.

Google always tells us about their principles even the simplest one not to misled us but to shows us the simplicity of what it wants for the users looking for an honest, trustworthy site, content and product that satisfy what they are looking for. The problem is that since many people are targeting Google for their market, they create a lot of misconceptions, black hat techniques, etc that seems to complicate the simple principles of Google.

• Like Like x 2
  5. cesspadilla

cesspadilla
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Well I think Google is getting people to work on fresh unique content to make the internet more up-to-date and trending on a certain topic. This makes it more relevant to users searching rather than giving them an 30-year-old article without any relation to the trending topic. It eliminates the unnecessary links and makes the SERPs more something like Twitter's trending topics (IMO, being more up-to-date). The only problem I see here is that how about those articles that are years-old. How can Google know that these websites are really worth their rankings. But I think it's in the website's reputation too...

Anchor text and installing both GA and Webmaster Tools is the basic things you have to set up and do in SEO. It's to track down if our links are good and crawlable, it also makes us track down how the website is seen by people. These datas are essential to our strategy to improve and do more about our website.

• Like Like x 2
  6. Business Attorney

Business Attorney
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Premium Member
    Premium Member

Patrick0001, I don't think that the points you raised are an attempt by Google to increase its own revenues.

In the first point, Google is simply telling people that it is more important to provide fresh content than old, stale content. They also point out that the importance of the freshness of the content also depends on the topic. A good site on a topic like dinosaurs doesn't necessarily need to be updated like a site on celebrities or sports.

Anchor text is used by all search engines to help them determine what the site is about. With billions of web pages out there, the search engines need to sort out which is most relevant to the user. Also, I don't understand how you conclude that using anchor text itself any effect on keyword competition. The search terms the users put into the search engines will be the same, the results will just (presumably) be more relevant.

The last two points also don't seem to directly relate to Google's revenue, although I do think think that using Google Analytics and Google Websmaster Tools is a twp-way street. Yes, they are valuable free tools that every webmaster should use, but I have no doubt that Google also uses the information to improve its own implementation of search results and possibly AdWords delivery.

• Like Like x 2
  7. patrick0001

patrick0001
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Thanks for the great response. I always have a thinking that, if this is the business plan by Google, then their business plan seem to be perfect. Beside using those GA and webmaster data to improve web search, those tool also help Google to monitor potential business company to buy over.

Today everyone is relied on Google services (Youtube, blog, android, search, document, map......), next couple of year everyone could be work with Google either direct or indirectly.

The moment Google release PR toolbar, they are intend to collect user data to improve web search. To avoid spamming or link purchase issue, why don't Google stop PR update?

8. jcworlditsme

jcworlditsme
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I know, it does seem like a lot of people are concentrating on PR too much.