Why faceook promotion dose not work?

Discussion in 'Internet Marketing' started by costumecase, Jan 24, 2013.

1. costumecase

costumecase
    uix_expand uix_collapse

We have been doing faceook online promotion for several months, but it seems that didn't work. Why?

2. Fergal

Fergal
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Premium Member
    Premium Member

costumecase, can you please tell us a little bit about the FaceBook promotion you have done? Also, what do you want to achieve from your FaceBook promotion?

3. Interactiveonlin

Interactiveonlin
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I believe you should share with us more details on the ways of your promotion

4. Ted

Ted
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Driving traffic from Facebook directly to an eCommerce website generally does not result in sales. You have to remember that most people on Facebook are there to kill time. They are not shopping for things when they are on there. So, even if you get someone to visit your site, chances are, they are simply not in the mood to buy from you right that minute.

Because of this, some companies use Facebook differently. They use Facebook to drive traffic to a lead capture offer where you collect names and emails (sometimes other info) from people who are interested in what you sell. You then maintain contact with those people over time by sending them periodic offers or else sending them free information that appeals to their own self interest. Your goal is to remind them that your website has what they want at the point in time when they are actually ready to make a purchase.

• Like Like x 2
  5. eurekapsycrille

eurekapsycrille
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Social media platforms are not the right place to be when it comes to sales as Ted said. You are running an eCommerce website therefore you need to find some place that is relevant to your website rather than spending most of your time in Facebook or other social media platforms out there.

One of the big roles of social media is for brand exposure. And that's quite different from making sales. You will only make your business known through these platforms. If someone purchases your service from there, it's a bonus. But social media is not for selling purposes. You can make it as a vessel of leads. But not for sale.

6. WorkWithMorgan

WorkWithMorgan
    uix_expand uix_collapse

well that depends on a great many things. What, when, where, how, who & why were you promoting what you were promoting.

7. costumecase

costumecase
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Thank you so much for all your replies,especially Ted's suggestions.

We do wedding dress business, so we updated some wedding dresses pictures and related product information on our company's facebook page. And we tried to have more and more friends and fans, but got no valid traffic. Hope you can give me more detailed suggestions or analysis on our facebook promotion!

8. Ronei Daselva

Ronei Daselva
    uix_expand uix_collapse

If you are doing paid facebook campaign then you need to focus on keywords. What keywords you have been using to get traffic on your website? What are the target market, audiance, region etc.

9. costumecase

costumecase
    uix_expand uix_collapse

We did free facebook promotion. In fact, we just did very simple and basic work in facebook because we had totoally no experience or skills in this. So how should i start if i want to do paid facebook campaign? Is this more useful?

10. mkenneth

mkenneth
    uix_expand uix_collapse

First of all tell me how you are promoting your facebook page. There are lots of things you need to know about social media, your target customer, whom you want to promote etc.

• Like Like x 1
  11. noreturn

noreturn
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I feel that Facebook is not a very good place to advertise, first off there ads are so small you can barely see them.. When you do notice them they are extremely stupid, and not even related to what you are interested in.. Most people that get on Facebook scroll threw the news feed then get off.. Those are just SOME of the reasons why it's not a very successful program for ANYONE.

12. wellhi

wellhi
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Many reasons might lead to this result, such as right objects, article content, etc. Otherwise it is the problem on the products itself.

13. Will Passmore

Will Passmore
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Banned

I never look at ads. in fact I hardly notice them on Facebook!
    That's pretty universal as well.

That is most likely why.

14. davidklien

davidklien
    uix_expand uix_collapse

After you have, I think, over 100 / 1000 Likes, you can publish offers. Since you are selling Dresses, I think it would be great to promote a discount coupon. Also, use other social media to promote your Facebook page, say Twitter!

15. deltahost

deltahost
    uix_expand uix_collapse

And what you exactly did to promote?

16. WorkWithMorgan

WorkWithMorgan
    uix_expand uix_collapse

wedding dress promotions would most definitely work on FB.

Facebook PPC would produce results. I've run several campaigns through them.

If you don't know what you are doing, you can lose a ton of money.

However, my last campiagn cost me around $1,000 and generated about $7,000 in profit.

The targeting in Facebook is unlike nearly any other platform out there.

But certain types of businesses are doomed to fail if they advertise on FB.

Wedding dresses though, that would work.....

• Like Like x 1
  17. costumecase

costumecase
    uix_expand uix_collapse

We did free promotion in facebook page, like posting our product pictures, latest sales, discount coupon, something like that. We want to attract people who are interested in wedding dress to visit our website.
    - - - - Posts Merged - - - -

We did free promotion in facebook page, like posting our product pictures, latest sales, discount coupon, something like that. We want to attract people who are interested in wedding dress to visit our website.
    - - - - Posts Merged - - - -

So, you mean that paid advertisement for wedding dress on FB will work?

18. Lincoln Smith

Lincoln Smith
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Who says that it doesn't work, its all about doing it in a right way. If you do the promotions on Facebook in a right way, you can get unexpected amount of traffic to your site or page, whatever you are promoting.

• Like Like x 1
  19. DeniseTaylor

DeniseTaylor
    uix_expand uix_collapse

We have had great success with Facebook. We share tips and successes on our blog - blog.sitesell.com in case anyone is interested.

20. Business Attorney

Business Attorney
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Premium Member
    Premium Member

What type of free Facebook promotion did you do? I wouldn't expect to get much of anything out of free promotion. Plus, any advertising expert would tell you to test, test, test. Even successful campaigns tweak things to get better results. If all you do is a single promotion, you may get a lot of opinions on what you could do better, but no hard data on what really works FOR YOU. Just because something worked well for someone else under somewhat similar circumstances does not mean it is right for your store and your products in this time, place and medium.

• Like Like x 1