Why earning by internet ads is so tough.

Discussion in 'Making Money Online' started by manishsqrt, Apr 23, 2015.

1. manishsqrt

manishsqrt
    uix_expand uix_collapse

If you are in web business and your main source of revenue is online advertisements then you must be aware that earning by internet based advertising is enormously tough, infact it is listed in one of the toughest tasks of the world, some times it is ranked more tough than us navy seal training, the reason behind are many, first of all internet is full of competition, it has more competition than any newspaper business, tv advertising, or any other media, people hardly spend more than 2 minutes averagely on any website, there are billions of websites and thousands of links on all of them, this means there is very high probability that a person visiting your site will bounce off without even noticing the content.
    The second most important factor is delivery proof, if your are a newspaper publisher then you don't worry about how user reacts to the ads, you simply take money from the advertiser, whether the audience even notices his ad or not, but on internet people pay only when there ad is clicked, this gives high value to advertisers but makes the publishers earning even more tough.

• Like Like x 2
  2. RTSteam

RTSteam
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Hey, you forgot the fact that most individuals over the internet hate ads. Most internet users would leave a website plagued with ads and those who would stay wouldn't even bother clicking them. I know, I've done it. Ads are just annoying, even on Facebook.

• Like Like x 1
  3. MatthewOlszewski

MatthewOlszewski
    uix_expand uix_collapse

As RTSteam wrote. These days it does not pay to deal with earning from ads, unless as an additional source of income. It is better to start your own online business, take care of SEO and sell some products.

4. Danielle Davidson

Danielle Davidson
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I have to agree with you. I know that I hate seeing ads on websites all the over the place, and I usually don't click on them when I see them. The best thing that you could do would be just to keep getting more people to your page. The more that are there, the more you will see the ads being clicked. There has to be someone online who will click on them.

• Like Like x 1
  5. Onionman

Onionman
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I've tried monetizing through ads and haven't had any luck at all so far. It's a bit disappointing because I was hoping for a slow drip feed on that front. Clearly not! But there are always going to be different ways to "sweat your assets" so I'm looking at different ways to make money on sites I have.

6. dyanmarie25

dyanmarie25
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I agree. It's quite difficult to earn decent profit from internet ads alone. Not all people who would visit your site would click those banners and ads. It's also not that easy to gain money solely from website traffic unless your site is pretty popular.

7. elmarianexx

elmarianexx
    uix_expand uix_collapse

People are bored with adds, they annoy them and drive them instance. Think about it... Would you click an annoying add on the Internet? Or would you be fed up and block it with you're anti-add programme for ex. Add Block? I highly doubt that you would follow the first step, so with that being said you have the answer to you're question.

8. Ali

Ali
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Too many ads now also convert to pop ups which are distracting and annoying. I tend to steer clear of sites with too many ads and ones where they can crash you computer just by logging on.

AdSense is not what it used to be and it's a slow 'earner', as people are more cautious about clicking on ads. Some sites haven't enabled the ability to open a new page with an external link, so I can be reading something, scroll down and accidentally hit an ad and lose the actual page I was reading. Of course that's annoying and if someone places the ads so close for that reason, they don't deserve traffic.

9. missbishi

missbishi
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Everybody hates ads! The days of making decent cash through Adsense etc. are long gone for most site owners so it's always worth evaluating new ways of monetization.

10. Redd

Redd
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Since ad networks also compete against each other, the ad rates aren't what they used to be in the past.

Nowadays the only people who can and actually do make money from ads are those whose sites get a lot of traffic. Like ten thousand or more visitors a day. Even if only a small percentage of site visitors click on ads, they'll still earn some decent money from CPM ads.

11. m0n2k

m0n2k
    uix_expand uix_collapse

The only way to really make money from ads is knowing how to place them. I've watched several videos on pro bloggers, and where they place adds. First the ads have to be relevant, then they have to blend in and be placed where they will get clicked. There's really like a science to this. You have to watch videos and experiment with this until you find something that works.

12. MyDigitalpoint

MyDigitalpoint
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I remember this logic reasoning when I first came online:

"Commercials pay TV for airing is to get you watching it for free" and then commercials appeared on paid TV too without anyone complaining at all, but when it comes to Internet, people seem to have never understood advertising is necessary not just to get site owners making a buck, but to have the service and content for them up.

On early days, I used to run a script that prevented access to my site if a browser with ad-buster was detected to enforce advertising, later I found that a design including ads smoothly works best that getting people denied to access.

In addition people on the web seems to have developed an "avoid-to-click" culture that makes useless almost any technique to get revenue from advertising. Probably links is the best way to make money from ads, but as long as you make manually those links, not links units like those of Adsense.

13. Corzhens

Corzhens
    uix_expand uix_collapse

The cost of advertising in the internet is quite cheap. That is the main reason why revenue sharing in Adsense is very low. When it comes to earning from ads, it is always the volume that counts. But in due time, I guess the cost of advertising in the internet will rise though slowly and websites will be focusing on the scheme of offering cheaper advertising. And in the near future, there will be several competitors for Adsense.

14. steveposter

steveposter
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Internet ads are effective if delivered to the right person and not anywhere such as pop up ads within the site, plagued ads in the site, unrelated ads forcing your visit or click the ad and so on.

15. moneyman

moneyman
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Nowadays it is totally hard to get clickers on advertisements as previous posters told since a bunch of people are using adblocks and other kind of software to prevent those annoying ads from showing. I think it is better to use your efforts for a site selling products yourself or as a affiliate for a trusted company.

16. missbishi

missbishi
    uix_expand uix_collapse

The dot.com boom is dead and buried and there's little money to be made from ads these days. Instead, look for new ways to monetize your website.

17. Andrew Symonds

Andrew Symonds
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I feel everything works according to the demand and results from it, so usually we see ads not providing so much results for people which is why the reason that revenue generated is so low and that makes earning much difficult, but the worst part is that there are too many scammers out there which makes it even harder, therefore I prefer doing Forex trading which is far more profitable especially with high class broker like OctaFX, it’s very solid company and have all conditions to make trading work!

18. Joseph.Shivell

Joseph.Shivell
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Community Leader
    Community Leader

I wouldn't recommend Forex trading, because, as you say, there are "too many scammers out there" and I'm sure Forex trading has some as well. Like any other online opportunity, you need to find the legitimate ones, if there are any. Forex trading also requires a skill that not many people have, and it's an opportunity where those who have money do well, while the small investor gets little, if anything at all.

19. Andrew Symonds

Andrew Symonds
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Actually you should not judge Forex with other things because this is a legitimate business and that too the best online or even offline and 10x bigger than the biggest stock market, so you can obviously judge it that way. Now skills are required in every work and do you honestly believe that you can earn money without skills in any work? Even the easiest things require attention, so why not put skills where you can gain incredible income. I have been doing trading since last 4 years and prior to that I have tried almost every work on internet, so that’s why I can say Forex is best and one major part is there is no requirement of investment first up since one can easily go with free money like I have went with OctaFX broker’s 8 USD no deposit bonus.

20. lily rose

lily rose
    uix_expand uix_collapse

It's so hard to earn because people hate seeing them and then they don't want to click on them. I know that if you have Google Adsense, then you have to have people click on the ads. It's pretty obvious in today's world that most people don't trust those kinds of things. That's why I like most people don't click on them. It's very rare if I do.