Why Do You ... Or Why Did You Start Your Own Business

Discussion in 'Starting a Business' started by amwarner, Aug 26, 2013.

?

Why Do You Want To ... Or Why Did You Start Your Own Business

1. To Work For Yourself & Set Your Own Hours

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. To Make Money

2 vote(s)
    100.0%
  3. To Provide Value

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. Because There Are Countless Money Making Opportunities To Get Involved In

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. amwarner

amwarner
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I've created a poll because I wanted to see the various reasons why some of you started your own business. My reason was initially to make money, however I realize that money will still come in as long as you provide great value. So that has now become my reason and my focus. What about you?

2. AmbitiousStudent

AmbitiousStudent
    uix_expand uix_collapse

The sole purpose is to make money so that I can travel. However, if I need to set my self a certain target so that I can live off the income every month then I need to build the business to perfection and offer great value. So if offering your customers the best service you can is part and parcel of earning a stable income then I will strive for that.

Does anybody donate a bit of their income to charities? I have an ambition whereby every month I donate 100% of the profits from one website to conservation and wildlife charities.

• Like Like x 1
  3. marcus47

marcus47
    uix_expand uix_collapse

If you want to show your potential. Start your own business and don’t think about money in the initial stage of business. Just gain your knowledge and learn how doe’s markets work.
    And my suggestion is for you. Don’t start business with inspiration of any others.
    Business is better than job if you want make money.

• Like Like x 1
  4. Liftsmarter

Liftsmarter
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Like the old saying goes, "If you earn a living doing what you love, you'll never work a day in your life."

5. Business Attorney

Business Attorney
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Premium Member
    Premium Member

I think it is misleading to have to pick any single reason. Anyone who does it only for the money is probably doing it for the wrong reason, but anyone who says that the money doesn't matter is also probably fooling themselves.

• Like Like x 1
  6. alex900

alex900
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I want to be independent of any boss and make my living in the way I like

7. Paul0130

Paul0130
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Work for myself, own hours, success, ambition and control over my life

8. onegoodman25

onegoodman25
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I personally started business to provide value, but with time, I can see setting your own hours is very important.

9. amwarner

amwarner
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I agree with this and this is what I'm currently doing. Trying to focus on providing value rather than focus on the money.

- - - - Posts Merged - - - -

Yes, I do agree to a certain point. And it is misleading in a sense. Many people do just go into a business strictly just to make money. I'll be the first to admit that I was like that. Then, fortunately, I smartened up when I brought mt business online and I'm not trying to provide nothing but value to readers of my blog and not even focusing on selling anything to them. Because I want them t see the amount of value I'm providing that they'll have no hesitation if I do promote my products.

Money does matter, but it shouldn't be the primary focus on why a person goes into a business. And based on the comments I've read here so far, it seems alot of people are getting into, or have gotten into their business for the right reasons.

• Like Like x 1
  10. dealerdice1

dealerdice1
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Hello Everyone,
    Business is a better than job just because all the profit of business is yours.

11. amwarner

amwarner
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Yes I agree with you but also, many people go into business because they don't actually want to do a job. Not realizing that running their bsiess, in the early stages, is more work than having a job. Just because you're going into your own business doesn't mean that it'll be easier.

12. Cloudc.me

Cloudc.me
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Investment in internet business require less setup and highly deregulated. You can have many advantage over completing task at Internet, which cost less and accessible worldwide.

13. Changed Creation

Changed Creation
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Premium Member
    Premium Member

I started my own business because it was the best way I can accomplish my destiny. I got tired of convincing others what to do. In my own business I can now invite others to join me in what I am already doing! My purpose for business is to become free.

I also think many people start their own business simply because they have no other choice. In South Africa where I live, there is a very high unemployment rate, so many people start their own businesses because they have to in order to survive! Freedom is the same thing, just the other end of the line!

• Like Like x 2