Why do Paypal do this?

Discussion in 'Growing and Managing a Business' started by MartinLedley, Apr 30, 2012.

1. MartinLedley

MartinLedley
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I own a site that pays direct commission to referrals, the frequency of which is based upon their level in the site. Last month Paypal limited my account after someone made a bank reversal, claiming that it violates their AUP, which it doesn't as far as I can see.

There are many of these sites out there exactly the same as mine, but they chose to go after my site (I pay up to 75% commission instantly). I had to remove all traces of Paypal from the site, despite it being written specifically for Paypal, but when I asked them to clarify exactly why they thought it violated the AUP they wouldn't tell me. It was the most frustrating and annoying time I've had online and they're the most unhelpful company I've ever had dealings with.

Has anyone had a similar experience? They seem to think it's a ponzi or pyramid scheme, which tells me they really don't understand online marketing at all, but as they won't give me any clue as to why they think that I'm just guessing, as it's something one of the many people I spoke to on the phone told me, although they didn't know for sure either and couldn't, or wouldn't find out for me.

Being so reliant on them, I now feel my entire online future is in the hands of people that won't listen and don't understand the business I'm in.

What do you think about Paypal and why they do this to people who are not crooks and are just trying to make a living.

BTW, I actually won the bank reversal dispute that put my site on their radar, how's that for irony?

2. TomWbl

TomWbl
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Grrr, I share your frustration with paypal even though mine is from a personal not business standpoint.

3. Mark T

Mark T
    uix_expand uix_collapse

If you think emailing them does not work and solve your problem, I suggest calling them directly for clarification on such matter would do. Its not only you experiencing some troubles but also and one of the best ways to solve your problem with them.

Regards,
    Alex

4. Eda.J.

Eda.J.
    uix_expand uix_collapse

suffer from the same thing.

5. sallya121

sallya121
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I don't like to use paypal .It is not fair at all .It is just good for buyers .If buyers want to cancel the order,then they can get back the money even sometimes without any reason.
    You have to talk with your customers to resolve this problem.

6. MartinLedley

MartinLedley
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I made many phone calls to PP, as well as emails. The emails sent me round in circles and the phone calls left me wondering why I bothered to phone in the first place. I got through to two more helpful people, but there was very little they could do and couldn't get a proper answer themselves. They had as much of an idea of what the problem was as I did!

7. jcworlditsme

jcworlditsme
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Unfortunately, that can sometimes happen within large organisations.

8. chiniti morenti

chiniti morenti
    uix_expand uix_collapse

they should renew or rejuvenate their system