Why do my AdSense stats suck so far?

Discussion in 'Making Money Online' started by MoronBall, Feb 5, 2015.

1. MoronBall

MoronBall
    uix_expand uix_collapse

My website- moronball .com (take out the space there)

My website is pretty new, and I'm getting a few hundred page views per day (sometimes more, sometimes less). I joined AdSense recently, and I know it's early, but I want to know what I'm doing wrong so far.

When I log in to my AdSense, I see...

Page Views: 1,498
    Clicks: 5
    Page CTR: 0.33%
    CPC: $0.15
    Page RPM: $0.51
    Total estimated earnings: $0.76

Does this seem extraordinarily low to some people? I've spent quite a lot of time doing research on AdSense. Any insight on AdSense would be appreciated.

Thanks!

2. MBA Trainer

MBA Trainer
    uix_expand uix_collapse

There are two reasons for this

Your pay per click revenue is very less
    CTR must be 2%

These are tow factors according to my experience

3. Joseph.Shivell

Joseph.Shivell
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Community Leader
    Community Leader

Your site hasn't been around very long, as you know, so not enough people know you exist yet. As MBA Trainer pointed out, your CTR is too low. You've had almost 1500 page views, and only 5 clicks. One thing to keep in mind is that your visitors do not visit your site because you have Adsense ads on it. They come to read the articles. One way to increase your clicks is to run ads that your visitors may be interested in. According to Google, your ads can be targeted based on the content of your site, and/or the interests of your visitors, which makes it more likely that your visitors will click on an ad. Find out which pages get the most traffic, and target your ads based on that, and you could get more clicks, and more revenue.

4. IrekJanek

IrekJanek
    uix_expand uix_collapse

From what I know your ads format is not the most responsive. You should consider ads across the post. This can spoil the design a little, but people in general ignore the sidebar.

#4 IrekJanek, Feb 6, 2015
    Last edited: Feb 6, 2015
  5. MoronBall

MoronBall
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Thanks for your answers. Yes, my numbers are low. I'm going to work on figuring out how to put ads in posts, and not just the sidebar.

I spent about 4-5 hours last night doing various research. I think my problem could be that I don't have a defined target audience. The website is a bunch of misc type things. I was naive to think that more traffic = more money, which doesn't sound like the case (necessarily). I was reading various lists of certain niches/categories where people can earn several dollars per click, and even some $10+. Maybe thinking about making an education blog nad trying to capture people who put in things like "get online MBA" and what not.

6. atlantisrocks

atlantisrocks
    uix_expand uix_collapse

A low CTR usually means that the ads are not relevant to the content of the page (of course, placement plays a part). Your site should have focus and each page should provide details about an aspect of your niche. This will help G place more relevant ads on your site and pages.

7. blueleaf

blueleaf
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Actually, that is a pretty impressive for a beginner. When I first started I get no clicks at all even with thousands of page views. It is kind of true, it took me many months to get few clicks.

8. Tabish khan

Tabish khan
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I think your site wouldn't be old in terms of getting a genuine traffic you should wait for some more time till then do a great SEO may be it can boost up your page views and clicks.

9. Corzhens

Corzhens
    uix_expand uix_collapse

My husband has an adsense account for his blogs and he was earning somehow no matter how meager. But in the recent years, nothing was heard from adsense as if the counter for the earnings was stuck up. The advice from another forum is to revise the design of the blog and use tags that are SEO friendly. Now, that needs a study.

10. Corzhens

Corzhens
    uix_expand uix_collapse

This is an update of my husband's Adsense account. He just checked last night and his balance is $68 for the 2 years that passed. His last collection was in January 2013 so he is due now. However, the minimum withdrawal is $100 so that means his blogs are not earning that much anymore. And I understand that he has no updates for the past year. I understand that blogs should be updated on a regular basis to get hold of the audience. Now he is thinking of handling the blogs again.

11. pwarbi

pwarbi
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I think the most important thing when hoping to earn from adsense is making sure the ads you have on your site, are relevant to the people visiting. Like you said, you could have a million people a day come through but if none of them click any ads, you're not going to earn anything.

That's why I think a lot of niche sites do well, they'll be aimed at a particular section of people and the ads placed on there will cater for them aswell.

12. Damien Lee

Damien Lee
    uix_expand uix_collapse

AdSense is no longer a good way to earn money online with a niche site or blog. Back in 2005, this was the preferred method but there is just way too much competition nowadays. You're better off selling your own product or service or at least become an affiliate of products / services within your niche. You'll definitely earn far money in a shorter time period with this method. Don't give up on ads though, you'll start getting a good return once you have more visitors but that's going to take a lot of time.

• Like Like x 1
  13. pwarbi

pwarbi
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I think that's the problem if your relying solely on ads to make any profit. It's one thing having traffic going through your site, but if the ads don't appeal to your members your not going to get any revenue from them.

The more members you have, the more likely you'll get a few clicks but a lot if it is just by chance. You can only do so much to make people interested in the adverts at the end of the day.

14. klaythomson

klaythomson
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I think the CTR of your ads are very low and the ads are not relevant to your blog that's why your earnings are very low. My suggestion is to add more fresh contents and update your blog on a daily basis. Place your ads wisely so that the visitors will click it.

15. Corzhens

Corzhens
    uix_expand uix_collapse

That was also the opinion of my husband - Adsense earning is going down because they are getting so strict with the ads. Where previously there was the use of the so called impression, now it is the hits (of the ads) that counts. We are currently looking at that affiliate product but what's on our mind is a sort of sponsorship since one blog is about pets. I hope that the good earnings would be back because I get that dollars as per my agreement with my husband.

16. elmarianexx

elmarianexx
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Work on your traffic, and Google Adscense isn't the only way you can earn money by while running a blog.
    You can always sign up for Ebay partnership or Amazon partnership and put their adds on your blog.
    You can buy traffic on different websites that will promote your blog, if you invest money in traffic then you will earn money with your commissions.
    good luck.

17. Danielle Davidson

Danielle Davidson
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I think that just because you are new that you aren't able to earn that much money. You can't just expect to make a bunch of money from your blog in a couple of weeks. The more time that you put into it the more money you will make. The more that you are promoting your blog, the more people you will see coming to it. Just stick with your blog and you will be able to make some good money from it.

18. golfvacations

golfvacations
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Thank You For advice about blogging and adsence.
    But what is the process of promoting my blog.

19. dyanmarie25

dyanmarie25
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I have a Blogger account which is linked to my Google AdSense account and it is not also earning well. My HubPages account is not that profitable too. I think it is really difficult to gain decent money solely from Google AdSense. Well, you could still try though. Nothing is a hopeless case. Best of luck!

20. Corzhens

Corzhens
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I think this is another topic but for your benefit, let me reply because I am also thinking about this. One best way to promote a blog, according to the advice that I get from the forums, is to promote your blog in the proper forum. For example, if your blog is about cars then find a forum about cars and promote it there. Next is using social media. You can post on social media teasers of your articles from time to time and may probably hit some of your friends there.