Why Do Most People Fail With Affiliate Marketing?

Discussion in 'Internet Marketing' started by marketingwithdb, Apr 29, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. marketingwithdb

marketingwithdb
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Every day more and more people are turning to affiliate marketing in order to make some extra money, but reality is most are not making any money.:confused: Is it the product? Is it the instructions provided by the vendor? Is is lack of coaching or mentorship? No one ever talks about this subject, so I'm interested in getting feedback.

• Like Like x 1
  2. MWMike

MWMike
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I've found it to be a lack of action the vast majority of the time.

Either the webmaster is too lazy or too afraid of stepping outside the bounds of what they read on their favorite blogs, or actually implementing the things they read on their favorite blogs.

Relative inaction by the majority is the reason that there is a minority making an absolute killing in IM :cool:

3. Michael Leng

Michael Leng
    uix_expand uix_collapse

You know, blog/webmasters have to work very very hard to increase traffic to their sites. Also, they have to analyze finding the prospected visitors as many as they can. The core factors are the very niche and good quality contents that will lead to affiliate sales closing.

It takes time for years to earn some money through such this internet online business type. So, if someone who could not work, bear and wait for the biz as mention, he will away before a ripe time to come.

Nevertheless, he will deserve on what he has grew reasonably.

Thus, just keep walking for your goal, - to stand up every time when you fall down, then your day will come eventually.

4. daytrader

daytrader
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Competing with thousands may also be the factor why they fail. Not everyone can rank even when they know how to write articles for thier niche.

5. touqeer

touqeer
    uix_expand uix_collapse

They are fail to generate the traffic to the website. The content that they are post is not attract the visitor. Bad Optimization of the website is also the core factor of failing the affiliates.

6. marketingwithdb

marketingwithdb
    uix_expand uix_collapse

You bring up an interesting aspect MW, but I also wonder if lack of confidence could be related to the fact that most people do not seek out a mentor! As an affiliate marketer myself, I know that it took trial, error, dedication, money, and tons of research. It also took failure, the ability to track my results, learn HTML, web design, how to syndicate content, how to conduct keyword research campaigns, how to analyze my competition, and the process was very tedious.

Affiliate marketing gets such a bad reputation because not many products provide step-by-step instructions. There is ALWAYS some crucial information missing and it could be due to others not wanting to give away the years of knowledge they have gained to someone else for FREE! Everyone wants to know the shortcut, but nobody wants to go through the struggles to learn the business.

7. marketingwithdb

marketingwithdb
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Michael you bring up another good argument. It sounds as though you might be referring to some form of search engine optimization and content syndication, which is a complicated process, especially with all the changes from Google. Obviously, providing quality content is important, but I also think that most people don't understand how to write content, because they provide the full answer, instead of delivering just enough content to wet the taste bugs. One must learn how to write emotionally to address your visitors interest and then place some type of Call-to-Action so that they will visit your landing page for more information and hopefully Opt-in on your site.

Many of you who read that last statement, probably didn't realize that was some very valuable information shared. Marketing is not easy, but at the same time, it's not hard if you understand the basics. One concept I always live by is called A.I.D.A (Attraction, Interest, Desire, Action) and it should be applied to all of your writing concepts.

8. marketingwithdb

marketingwithdb
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Hmmm, I actually believe competition is good! If something is popular, then it could mean that it's profitable because there is a market for the product. Personally, I see a lot of websites that are ranked for popular keywords, but that doesn't mean they are profitable. Most of the time, the keywords are not commercial intent or buying keywords, instead they are informational keywords (people just browsing for information about a topic). For example, someone searching online for RED SHOES and a site appearing on the 1st page of Google for this term doesn't mean they are making money. However, someone searching online for Air Jordan 11 Black Red Size 10 are in the buying stage and are more likely to purchase this product because it's a more specific search.

Too many people are focused on trying to rank in the search engines, rather than learning how to post their content on targeted sites which their potential customers might be visiting.

9. Clarence.Burn

Clarence.Burn
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Maybe they lost hope because some of their competitors are very strong. One thing if their content is not attractive or is not very nice to visitors it will have a chance to fail. Like what touqeer says.

10. Joseph.Shivell

Joseph.Shivell
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Community Leader
    Community Leader

Although it may be a bit off-topic, you've brought up a point which needs to be addressed. Although RED SHOES may be too broad a search term, Air Jordan 11 Black Red Size 10 may be too specific, as not many people would be searching for that specific type, size, and color. However, Air Jordan Athletic Shoes is specific enough so that buyers can find what they're looking for, but not so specific that it wouldn't be financially feasible to pursue it. To get back to the actual topic, to be successful, affiliate marketers need to pursue the phrases that their potential clients or customers are searching to find the products the marketers are selling.

11. MikePeterson

MikePeterson
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Affiliate Marketing is risk free, simpler and cost efficient. The main thing in it is advertising. If your advertisement is good then your business run very well. An affiliate marketer is able to employ unique and effective ways to convince targeted costumer to buy or avail of the services offered.

12. marketingwithdb

marketingwithdb
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Thanks for the feedback Joeroxx, whether someone types that exact phrase as I mentioned or the more broad phrase as you have suggested, the bottom line is understanding the buying stages of your prospects. For those of you who want to learn more about the various types of search queries, then Google these words:

Navigational search queries
    Informational search queries
    Transactional search queries

I hope this information was beneficial and I encourage others search professionals to provide their input.

13. Modishfitt

Modishfitt
    uix_expand uix_collapse

To do well in affiliate marketing is not just a one-day task. Affiliate marketing is like an on going assignment where you have to try different things out like different advertising techniques, different ways of adding affiliate banners and text links to your site, etc. You may even have to join a number of affiliate programs just to see which ones performs the best with the other content that you already have on your site.

14. gktime

gktime
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I think affiliate marketing could be harmful for a blog when first starting out. If the first thing people see on blogs is a bunch of marketing, they may not feel so keen to read your content. I don't know really though, it seems like it should be an excellent idea, maybe it's just because people aren't very trusting of strangers they meet online...

15. Tandy

Tandy
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Maybe it's because there is a lot to learn and people give up before they have learned enough, or they are not really passionate about their topic, and persistent enough. The right Mentor that you can trust and relate to is a great help, together with lots of learning.

16. ammad

ammad
    uix_expand uix_collapse

i think people fail because they dont research the products what they are promoting and secondly they dont have a list of people whom are actually interested in the product

17. Mustafa

Mustafa
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Yes you're right many of us fail to get money from affilated programs because some of them have not much idea where to post these links or where to promote it.

18. Parmjeet320

Parmjeet320
    uix_expand uix_collapse

The majority of people who attempt to make money on the internet fail. Yea having a business sense would help, as does a disciplined, determined character. Just don't invest your rent money on it. One forum frequented by affiliate rookies from around the world is Warrior forum.com There's a (W SO) section of cheap member written tutorial material.

19. kiwistech

kiwistech
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I think it is a matter of less dedication' and less knowledge of product. May be we do not put more interest in knowing how can we engage more people in our products...

20. bleepingdesign

bleepingdesign
    uix_expand uix_collapse

The main reason is because a lot of people promote crap. Always promote trusted and worthy products or services. Don't just promote anything for the sake of earning money. Stick to 1 or 2 affiliate programs and it will surely work.

For example, if you are promoting a hosting company, make sure you are related to web hosting in someway. I mean you should be a blogger or atleast have a website. Also make sure you are using the same hosting service. People will trust you because you are using it. You should have a decent and active fan following on twitter and Facebook. Use social media effectively. Don't tweet the same thing over and over again. 1 or 2 tweets a day is just fine. Learn how to tweet. Check out promotional tweets by other companies and use it to your advantage. I have given an example of web hosting affiliate as I promote A small orange hosting (link in signature) and it works for me.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.