Why can't we rewrite URL's for blog posts?

Discussion in 'Website Development & Design' started by Anupama Raikar, Jun 21, 2016.

1. Anupama Raikar

Anupama Raikar
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Automatically sticking a bunch of random numbers in the URL structure for blog posts doesn't do our site any good from an SEO perspective. Why can't we be allowed to customize our URLs for blog posts.

• Like Like x 1
  2. fisicx

fisicx
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Community Liaison 1.0

What blog posts? If you are using anchors the URLs won't matter are they won't be visible on the page.

3. Mike Wilford

Mike Wilford
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Are you doing this in wordpress? It may be your permalink settings. If you go to Settings > Permalink - there may be an option to change the URL to the page title!

4. Elizabeth Anderson

Elizabeth Anderson
    uix_expand uix_collapse

You can customize your blog URLs prior to publishing the article by editing the permalinks. Ensure that the URL is short and contains the focus keyword as it helps your article to rank in Google.

5. singhabhishek251

singhabhishek251
    uix_expand uix_collapse

We can rewrite any urls and as per I now this facility is available for all the cms as well, this can be done by a simple click and option selection from admin panel. I have done this for many WordPress websites and and they work perfectly. If you are not using wordpress for blog then I would suggest you to use wordpress for all kind of blogs.

6. Rakesh Yadav

Rakesh Yadav
    uix_expand uix_collapse

If you are using WordPress then use settings > permalink. It will take the slug from the page, you can change the slug by editing the page. In joomla slug is called alias, use Menu >Cusco info in Joomla to achieve this.

7. jimmayadam

jimmayadam
    uix_expand uix_collapse

you can but if you re-write the blog post URL then it will be shown 404;

8. towertech

towertech
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Hi,

If you want change your URL I recommended to use 301 redirection while change your URL Old to new one.

By doing this way your old URL redirect to new re-write URL and your website does not hurt by Google SEO, and traffic remain same.

Thanks