Why bad conversions with high CTR on new ad?

Discussion in 'Pay Per Click Advertising' started by simonedrich11, May 22, 2010.

1. simonedrich11

simonedrich11
    uix_expand uix_collapse

In my affiliate ad, I promote a product, and I have received a very high CTR on my keywords, however, there has been no conversion yet. I noticed some one promoting the same product by mentioning that the service is not for free. Should I do the same? I don’t know if it would deter potential buyers? Can I have your thoughts put into words on this post so that I can find the best key to increase the conversion rates? Will aspects such as quality of the landing page, and product itself bring an impact? This vendor has proven history of great conversion. I hope I am successful in the affiliate ads.

2. Fergal

Fergal
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Premium Member
    Premium Member

simonedrich11 if you post a copy of your ad here and a link to your landing page, we will be able to give you much more specific help and suggestions.

If visitors to your site are expecting the product to be free, they are unlikely to buy, once they get to your site. It's much better to exceed customer expectations than to have them disappointed when they get to your site / landing page. Including the starting price in your ad, will most probably reduce your CTR, however the people who do click through will be more likely to buy and this will have the effect of making your advertising much more cost effective.

Definitely! Potential customers will want to be confident that the product is of good quality, before they payout cash to purchase it. The job of your landing page is to give them that confidence. If your landing page is of poor quality, visitors to it will have an expectation that the associated product is also of poor quality and be much less likely to make a purchase. If you post a link to your page, we will give you some feedback on it.

3. Melvin

Melvin
    uix_expand uix_collapse

wrong demographics maybe. i dont want to sound like whatever but for me its just constantly testing until i get it.. i usually split test different landing pages and try make an ad copy that caters a certain audience based on keywords. For instance for keywords with "free" i usually do a copy w/c is enticing to those people looking for free and really the offer should be free. its important not to deceive users into something that is not..

if it still doesn't work out, then promote other offers..

4. Tecknowoman

Tecknowoman
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Second Fergal none of us can really offer any valuable help unless we can see the ad and what they click thru to!

5. Kay

Kay
    uix_expand uix_collapse

If there was no mention of a cost and I clicked through to find there was, I'd not be happy. Being upfront doesn't deter visitors. People like transparency. On the other hand, if they think you're being sneaky by not mentioning that, they won't be back.