Why are Blogs going Well and Established and Websites Losing Rankings?

Discussion in 'Search Engine Optimization' started by joy.linford, Aug 17, 2016.

1. joy.linford

joy.linford
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Hello folks,

I noticed in these days, there are so many well-established blogs doing well and on the other hand, websites losing their rankings. Why? [​IMG]

Comments are welcome.

2. w3web

w3web
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Almost every website has a attached blog nowadays. If some websites are not interlinked or not having a blog then definitely their SERP will go down.

3. Magento_oCodewire

Magento_oCodewire
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Maybe there is a reason of using the poor contents of the websites or may be the company falls in improving their SEO techniques.

4. Joseph.Shivell

Joseph.Shivell
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Community Leader
    Community Leader

A blog may help, if it used properly, but may also just raise the rankings for the blog. I'm also not sure what you mean by interlinked - if you create websites just to send links to your main site, this is a violation of Google's Webmaster Guidelines.

True, you have to have content that is informative and the website must be easily navigable. Also, the search engines are changing all the time, so keeping up with the changes is imperative.

5. w3web

w3web
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I mean to say, only one blog that is officially linked to the organization website but not any network that created just for ranking purpose.

6. cheta

cheta
    uix_expand uix_collapse

2 Major factors are responsible; 1. Poor/outdated Content. ,..........2. blackhat SEO methods. if your website experience any/all of these, the site will rank poorly. blackhat SEO such as buying traffic, spammy links, cloaking, keyword stuffing etc.

7. fisicx

fisicx
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Community Liaison 1.0

I think Amazon, eBay and millions of other sites would disagree with you.

A blog is a website. It just a different type of website to a shop or brochure site or news site or wherever.

8. hrishivardhan

hrishivardhan
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Google always believe in the showing the information which can help user for better results of his queries. websites can not do that, So I believe that could be the reason why websites are not ranking in the serps and blogs ranks higher than them.

9. abhikmehra

abhikmehra
    uix_expand uix_collapse

It is true to some extent as the content on the blog is fresh and engaging. And search engine has an ability to give the priority to fresh content so maybe this could be the reason that the blogs are ranking higher in the search engine.