Why an online business?

Discussion in 'Growing and Managing a Business' started by carolinebien, Dec 11, 2009.

1. carolinebien

carolinebien
    uix_expand uix_collapse

In the age of the Internet, I think almost everyone should have an online business… if only for the growth experience. It doesn’t cost much to start one, but it will teach you so much. Perhaps the greatest benefit is that you’ll learn you do have something of value to share with the world, something that can generate income for you for the rest of your life.

In a way I’m jealous of the teenagers and 20-somethings who are growing up so Internet savvy. Any of them could start their own online businesses and get ahead financially at a young age. I would have loved to have been doing this in high school or college. It’s terrific that some people are becoming millionaires at such a young age, but I think the real success stories come from those who find a way to generate just a few thousand dollars per month, enough to cover their expenses.

:)

2. Fergal

Fergal
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Premium Member
    Premium Member

I have to admit to feeling some of that jealousy too Caroline, the years go too fast. I suppose everyone wishes they were younger, once they reach a certain age. All we can do is make the best of the present, because before we know it we will be 10 years older and looking back at the age we are now.

3. colin1

colin1
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Hello

1) Save Your Money
    2) Save Your Time
    3) Save Your Manpower
    4) Save Your Effort
    5) You Can Work At Any Place And Any Time

Thanks for reading

4. seanstevens

seanstevens
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Online business is great but at the same time the people I admire are the youngsters who go off an learn a trade first. I think it is great when someone can get their hands dirty and fix something that otherwise would be thrown away. In the UK so many people are now starting businesses on line that the trades are suffering a little and the wages for these type of jobs are increasing when everything else is decreasing.

5. Keaton

Keaton
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Nowadays its weird for a company not to have a website, and usually annoying when its not very good or you can't order online.

I agree with your comment about younger people being able to earn online because you do not have to be a certain age to do something; with web design or forum posting you can do it at any age where as something like packing only people over 18 can.

6. Fergal

Fergal
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Premium Member
    Premium Member

The Internet provides young people with great opportunities to gain the experience of running their own business, in a way that's much more difficult with traditional businesses. As Keaton says, there are no age limits online and the start up costs are extremely low.

That's interesting. The construction industry has taken such a hammering in Ireland, that there are practically no jobs in the trades at the moment. I know that there are trades that are not dependent on the construction industry, but even these have been severely affected by the recession here.

7. CustomiZer

CustomiZer
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I too feel the same way sometimes....

guys who are a lot younger than me amke awesome pictures, logos, banners.....
    They seem to have started a lot younger than me....
    I got to enter this net world just a couple of months back..:p

I also wonder how some people make up loads of money so quickly....they say they do affiliate markering ...but I don't understand that :(

8. rillida

rillida
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Hi

Benefits of selling online

Selling online has a number of advantages over selling by conventional methods, including:

* Making savings in set-up and operational costs. You don't need to pay shop assistants, rent high-street premises, or answer a lot of pre-sales queries.
    * Reducing order-processing costs - customer orders can automatically come straight into your orders database from the website.
    * Reaching a global audience, thereby increasing sales opportunities.
    * Competing with larger businesses by being able to open 24 hours a day, seven days a week.
    * Being able to receive payment more quickly from online transactions.
    * Attracting customers who would not normally have investigated your type of high-street outlet.
    * Improving your offerings using the data gathered by tracking customer purchases.
    * Using your online shop as a catalogue for existing customers.

Thanks

9. carolinebien

carolinebien
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Yeah, we should learn more from each person,at any places,at any time.........
    Come on!You will understand and know more.....:|

10. sajjad.axe

sajjad.axe
    uix_expand uix_collapse

totally agree

i totally agree that younger people are making more out of online business,

i feel they have the access to the online world and they are utilizing the opportunities they have,

talking about the website, its a must today for any business and i feel cranky if any one does not have one.

thx

11. GekiDan

GekiDan
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Here are some benefits of online jobs for me:

1. You can work at your own time.
    2. Saves travel expenses.
    3. More rest time.
    4. Not all company hires disabled persons.
    5. Do anything while at work. :D