Why 97% of Internet Marketers fail

Discussion in 'Off Topic Discussion' started by MervinViernes, Jan 11, 2011.

1. MervinViernes

MervinViernes
    uix_expand uix_collapse

It's a proven fact that 97% of Internet Marketers fail in the online business industry. Not trying to get anybody's spirit's down, just being truthful...the truth shall set you free :)

Internet Marketers fail solely because they become impatient. They expect their business to grow overnight and become rich off the bat. And when they don't see results they were hoping for, they quit! You must have patience in this business or any business for that matter. Ever heard of the 'join xyz company, and get rich quick' schemes? Well they are out there, and my advice?? Turn around and run the other way because that ain't happening.

Another reason why people may fail in this business industry is because they don't have the proper training, especially if you may be new to this type of business. You want to surround yourself with leaders, people who's been there and done that. That way you can be guided properly and have a blueprint to follow to be successful in this online business Industry and eventually see the results you've been longing for :)

One advice: do a little research before getting yourself into anything you may have some questions about. And of course ask questions, it will help get the right answers!

Hope this post was some help :)

2. Fergal

Fergal
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Premium Member
    Premium Member

Welcome to Business Advice Forum MervinViernes, thanks for joining and posting. Are you an Internet Marketer yourself?

Do you have any suggestions as to how people who are new to the business can find the proper training?

3. diannasmith00

diannasmith00
    uix_expand uix_collapse

97% Fail? Opps, I don't think so. I can't imagine the figure that you've provide.

4. MervinViernes

MervinViernes
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Yes I am an Internet Marketer myself and also online coach. I would love to promote my online business opportunity here and the training I provide anyone who joins my online business, but I don't want to be known as someone who just spams every posts on here like many are doing all over the Internet :)

But if anyone is looking for the proper training then I'd like for them to opt in on their own free will. But I do have a good opportunity for anyone looking to start an online business with training provided with a low opt in cost/rate.

5. MervinViernes

MervinViernes
    uix_expand uix_collapse

ok ok 95% to 97% :)

You can google it...

6. Chicago

Chicago
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I believe your statistic, since I was one of the 97%. Although I'm sure patience isn't the only factor.

7. Fergal

Fergal
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Premium Member
    Premium Member

8. MervinViernes

MervinViernes
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Thanks Fergal for the heads up.

9. John Alves

John Alves
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I don't think it's a proven statistic that 97% of internet marketers fail. A lot of people get involved with businesses that are set up to fail. This is the main problem. People focus on the wrong things. An example of this is trying to get your website to rank #1 in google for the keyword "weight loss". There's probably millions of companies trying to do this right now, and none of them are ever going to get the ranking. Instead of focusing on that, they should be focused on creating traffic funnels through article marketing, youtube, blog commenting, forums, and pay per click. It takes time to become experienced with internet marketing. It's a skill, and you can only become more skilled if you put the work in and learn from your own experience.

10. CBI Web

CBI Web
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    BAF Tech Admin
    Premium Member

Impatience wasn't a factor in my failures, lack of funds was. I've poured many $$ into opportunities, and never saw much return, if any at all. And I didn't fall for every sales pitch that crossed my path. A couple of them tricked me, but most of the time I did my due diligence and made what I thought were solid choices. And the one business opp I really like, and would put all my focus on because it's so good, I can't do because it requires a monthly expenditure that I can't handle.... unless I was to build on that business. That sounds like a scam sort of thing, but it isn't. It's just that it would take a certain commitment to get it working, and the old bank account just doesn't have what it takes right now.

So I'd say that lack of $$ shares the spotlight with lack of patience.

11. Fergal

Fergal
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Premium Member
    Premium Member

I'm not comfortable with using lack of funds as a reason for not achieving success. When we look at the backgrounds of very successful people we can always find some of them who started out with less money and in worse circumstances than ourselves. They didn't let their circumstances stop them from succeeding and I don't believe that we should either. To paraphrase Jack Canfield our outcomes are determined by events and our responses to those events. We can all change and improve our responses, to improve our outcomes.

It's too easy to blame external factors and when we do that, we relinquish an element of our control. We need to take responsibility for where we are now and what we will achieve in the future, in order to regain our control and to recognise that we have the ability to change and improve in the future.

12. CBI Web

CBI Web
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    BAF Tech Admin
    Premium Member

I actually agree with you for the most part, Fergal. However, there are times when a person's options become very thin or run out altogether. It takes an unusual set of circumstances for that to happen, but it does happen. In today's economy, unless one has some reserves built up and a good credit rating (or friends/family who are willing to help; or assets to sell off), it's nearly impossible to do anything. I'm reminded of times when I've been asked to go out for a night with friends but I tell them I have no money. They claim the same thing as they check their wallets and find a $20 bill in there. Well... they obviously do have some money. I had nothing in my wallet. The person with the $20 seems to think "have no money" means "have a little bit of money". So people who have credit and some money in the bank, tend to assume everyone does - or can get it somehow. That's not always true. :)

13. Jenson

Jenson
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Sometimes it is also about being at the right place at the right time, although I believe success is more towards hard work, using imagination and creative skills to be different with what others do. I hope I will learn a thing or two while being here. Cheers.

14. Fergal

Fergal
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Premium Member
    Premium Member

CBI Web I agree that it is much easier to start a business if you have some money, they do say that it takes money to make money. However, for anyone with an Internet connection there are ways to start an online business with zero set up costs.

For example, starting a hosted blog on Blogger.com doesn't cost anything and you can earn money through selling advertising space or promoting affiliate products (0 to $500 / Mth from Blogging). Another option is to do freelance work such as forum posting, blog commenting article writing, SEO, coding, graphic design, etc. It doesn't cost anything to use the various freelance sites and forums to start contacting potential clients and offer them your services, Blogger can also be used to set up a site that outlines the services you can offer.

I don't mean to suggest that it's easy or that there is the potential for quick easy money, but it is possible to get started with a zero budget, assuming of course that you have an Internet connection.

15. Rasha

Rasha
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I totally agree with you that 97% of internet marketers fail because they are not patient enough, and because they are not well trained. There are so many ways to work online and make money, there are so many people and companies telling you that they will make you earn hundreds of dollars everyday by paying them first and following their orders without understanding anything. I found the best training course that will get us all the right way. I have been looking for years and trying to earn money online but all other courses I found wasn't good enough and didn't give all the information I needed.
    The best thing about this course is that it's free and it explains web business and tell you what to do step by step. It's 26 videos that you can watch them for free. There are more useful information in this site. There are also free webinars that gives very valuable information. The site is http://www.chrisfarrellmembership.com

16. simplenfun

simplenfun
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Internet marketing is not for everybody, especially people who lack of patient and persistence. If you are looking for overnight success, IM is definitely not the right choice.

17. harjos

harjos
    uix_expand uix_collapse

We are in the 3% I think because we succeeded purely with Internet marketing only. It is not a rocket science. Anyone can do it If you are willing to follow directions, learn and put some time and effort you will succeed.

18. dmat

dmat
    uix_expand uix_collapse

If anyone is looking for the proper training. I'd like for them to look at the websit I have. You start by signing up and getting a free eBook on how to Create your first website by 3:45. But you do have a good opportunity to make money online. It cost me about $30 to start. Well good luck. Hope to see you soon

Thanks
    dmatarella-online

19. Matt

Matt
    uix_expand uix_collapse

You make a great point. Many people expect too highly in their brand new websites. If you look, most of the big website have been around for many years. People think they can get as big as someone open for 3 years in 3 weeks. It doesn't work that way.

20. deanncarl

deanncarl
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I think a couple things happen when someone starts out in Internet Marketing. First of all, it is too easy to get sidetracked by everything that is thrown at you. Do your research ahead of time, and then focus on that area until you get it going. If you follow every rabbit trail that comes along, you will never succeed at any of them. Secondly, give it time and don't give up so soon - this takes time.