Whole year never receive online enquiry, can you believe it?

Discussion in 'Search Engine Optimization' started by altcom, Jan 7, 2013.

1. altcom

altcom
    uix_expand uix_collapse

It is common thing when a client not continue seo contract, the feedback we received from client "whole year never receive online enquiry". Overall the site get good impression and traffic in Google, but can you imagine it not even get single enquiry. We guess something wrong with the email and enquiry form, then we go double check everything is working fine.

Have you received this kind of feedback?

2. Fergal

Fergal
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Premium Member
    Premium Member

Have you tested out the inquiry form, by submitting data to it, to check that it is working correctly?

3. altcom

altcom
    uix_expand uix_collapse

everything is working fine, it make me suspect that the client is simply give a not reasonable answer.

4. PS9

PS9
    uix_expand uix_collapse

That happens, it's part of business, get used to it.

The most important thing I've learned over the years is you will not please everyone. It doesn't matter what you do; someone, somewhere, will not like your business.

Keep the customers happy, sure... but if they already left, wave goodbye. Getting customers is hard, getting customers back when they already left is even harder. Just move on.

5. Ted

Ted
    uix_expand uix_collapse

If your client is running a local business where people are likely to contact them via the telephone or in person, then it is very likely that you have generated business for them, but those new customers contacted them through some other method than online.

In my experience with local businesses, customers are much more likely to use the telephone instead of email or filling out some online form. In my experience, local shoppers hate to use online contact methods when there is an easier alternative such as the telephone option.

Some people think that they can get the truth out of customers just by asking them. You would think that if a customer found you online, that they would then tell you that they found you online if you ask. But, in reality, customers give a very inaccurate account of where they found you. In fact, I recall reading about a case where 20% of customers told one company that they saw an ad for them on television when that company had never ran a television advertisement.

In all likelihood your problem is that there is no accurate tracking mechanism for determining whether or not the website is generating business. That is the area you need to focus on.

You should find some creative way to help your client track their results better.

6. 2misi.com

2misi.com
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Can you elaborate more detail on how to have creative way to get better result?

7. smo9marketing

smo9marketing
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I dated a gorgeous girl once.

She always had a dinner date. Every night of the week.

I knew that. So I thought she was a... how do you say in Irish... "tart!"

So told me she wasn't and gave me a reason that made me believe her.

She said, "I don't just sleep with anybody. I only [put out] when I can get a lot more back."

She probably taught me more about marketing than my professors did.

8. Ted

Ted
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I would need to know more about the site in question in order to offer any specific advice.

There are ways to track responses though. For instance, a person could use a different telephone number on the website. Then count the number of phone calls coming in on that number.

You could make your offer a bit different on your website compared to what you normally do. For instance, you could offer a bonus giveaway with every order, but only if they mention the website during the sales process.

You could offer a lower price to people who contact you via your website (make it low enough for it to be important enough for them to remember).

• Like Like x 1
  9. Joseph.Shivell

Joseph.Shivell
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Community Leader
    Community Leader

This brings up an important point. Do the phrases you are pursuing get not only traffic, but conversions as well? For example, if two phrases get 100 visitors, but one doesn't convert well and the other gets 20 conversions, are you going after the 20? What if a phrase gets 100 visitors, but only 5 conversions, and a phrase that gets only 50 visitors gets 20? Once again, are you going after the 20? Why go after rankings for a phrase if the potential customers are not there?

• Like Like x 1
  10. Jerlene

Jerlene
    uix_expand uix_collapse

That has happened to me as well on a lot of my websites. It happens. I guess you're doing everything right. :)