Who will win this War, Mobile Apps or Browsers?

Discussion in 'Website Development & Design' started by rangrage, Oct 12, 2012.

1. rangrage

rangrage
    uix_expand uix_collapse

2. GeekGhost

GeekGhost
    uix_expand uix_collapse

When I'm not at home or at the office, sure, I'll use my iPhone to browse if I need something. But if I'm working at my desk I prefer to browse with my large dual monitors than my cell phone ;)

3. Fergal

Fergal
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Premium Member
    Premium Member

Similar to GeekGhost, when I'm out and about my smart phone (just upgraded to an S3) is very convenient for web browsing. However, I prefer use a larger monitor when I'm at my desk.

4. remonray

remonray
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Mobile is always alternative for me to surf websites. So, unless I am out of home or got problem in pc I never surf through mobile.

5. rangrage

rangrage
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I would agree, a bigger monitor is always better... but I love the convenience of being able to search for stuff while im on the go... especially if I am looking for a particular place. Mobile search is a lifesaver at times.

6. clickfund

clickfund
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I dont like the mobile, hard on my eyes so I use desktop mostly:cool:

7. kristenhanna

kristenhanna
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Its exactly true. Many people are browsing, shopping, learning and searching everything through their mobile devices. Many online store owners have accepted that they find more mobile transactions done. People also refer to do shopping or browsing on the go from anywhere and whenever they want. This takes the mobile commerce industry to the next level.

8. dgeneschi

dgeneschi
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I may be in a minority, but I overwhelmingly hate "mobile-optimized" sites. Apple made it a selling point of the iPhone that its web browser could let you painlessly navigate full desktop sites, and then for some reason people decided to make more minimal, abridged versions of their sites with bigger buttons for mobile devices when these devices are fully capable of letting me navigate the real thing.

9. agentmanningctu

agentmanningctu
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Browsers are more important in my opinion. That's what I'm going to use to look up scores, information, and everything else. Sure, I can use apps, but the internet has everything.

10. kristenhanna

kristenhanna
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Yes it is absolutely mobile apps because the size of the mobile users are expanding. And people are finding it very convenient to do browsing or shopping on the go. The business entrepreneurs who are aware of the importance of mobile apps, they are building a mobile version of a website or a native app. And I also use my mobile device to browse and for shopping.