Who is your Favorite Speaker to Watch?

Discussion in 'Self Improvement and Being Successful' started by sayitproud, Jul 8, 2012.

1. sayitproud

sayitproud
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I am very into studying performers and different speakers to learn from their delivery.

Who have you seen speak or perform that you think is most impressive in their delivery? And why?

2. Fergal

Fergal
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Premium Member
    Premium Member

There is a business located in my home town called HorseWare. The owner of that business is not a famous speaker by any means, however, I've seen him give an excellent speech to a group of people considering starting their own business. He spoke about the courage and passion needed to set up your own business in a way that would really make you want to get out there and do it. Probably what impressed me most about his speech was that he was most passionate about his subject and it was real to him, he was speaking about what he had actually done and the work that he is still doing.

3. sayitproud

sayitproud
    uix_expand uix_collapse

We always say telling authentic stories from the heart is a key. So it sounds like he was doing that. Always a great starting point in making an impact.

4. StewardHill

StewardHill
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I don't know whether it suits the overall Business topic going on here on BAF.

But...No matter who you vote or the ideas, possible lies and unfulfilled promises, Obama has one of the best speech deliveries I have ever heard. Compelling friendly voice, nice and slow English, understandable by foreigners like me. I would give millions for having at least 50% of his skill.

#4 StewardHill, Jul 10, 2012
    Last edited: Jul 10, 2012
  5. Mark T

Mark T
    uix_expand uix_collapse

As of now, Matt Cutts. I want to meet him in person and let him talk in front of people like me who wants to have an insight on Google SEO stuffs, etc.

6. sayitproud

sayitproud
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Hah do you really think Matt Cutts is a great speaker? Or do you just mean that you want the information he has? I've never seen Matt Cutts as a dynamic speaker :) But he is insightful for sure.

7. Fergal

Fergal
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Premium Member
    Premium Member

Matt Cutts is a very famous and successful person, yet when you watch his videos he comes across just like a regular guy who could be your next door neighbour. Personally I find that very appealing to watch in his videos, although I do agree that the main reason I watch his videos is for the content he gives and not for his speaking style.

8. Lilo

Lilo
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I am an avid fan of Bo Sanchez. A Filipino preacher and entrepreneur who inspired a lot of people. I also love all of his books especially You Can Make Your Life Beautiful.

• Like Like x 1
  9. danadlington

danadlington
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I have say Obama is an excellent speaker. Excellent delivery and tone. I also think, regardless of what people think of him, Tony Blair is an impressive speaker. I did a public speaking course and I have watched both speakers I have mentioned here to learn more.

10. MICHAEL LINDMARK

MICHAEL LINDMARK
    uix_expand uix_collapse

There is one speaker whom I admire most, she is a Senator of the Philippines, her name is Miriam Defensor Santiago.

11. Geoffrey

Geoffrey
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I always liked listening to Steve Jobs' speeches, it's sad that I can't anymore. :(

12. BAFHarvest

BAFHarvest
    uix_expand uix_collapse

most of them are called Presidents. :) they really have a good mind. i like the President of the Phil. he seem to have a very good English structure, and his way of speaking is simple awesome. Like the one above, i also love Steve Jobs, he Speaks as a Pro. he is a Legend to me. :)

13. MarkTaylor

MarkTaylor
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Steve Jobs - hard to beat. Tony Buzan (inventor of Mind Maps) is also very good.