Who is your favorite motivational speaker?

Discussion in 'Self Improvement and Being Successful' started by gemini181, Feb 21, 2008.

1. gemini181

gemini181
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Who is your favorite motivational speaker?

Anthony Robbins
    Deepak Chopra
    Brian Tracey
    Dr. Wayne Dyer
    Barack Obama :eek:

or someone else?
    Why do you like them the most??
    Also, do you prefer speakers or great books???

Thanks

2. BlueEew

BlueEew
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Should I even know these people? I don't. :p

What do they speak about? Can you give me some more information on these please. I would like to check them out. :)

3. tudge

tudge
    uix_expand uix_collapse

for me,i like sheikh ahmed deedat and dr zakir naik

4. Kay

Kay
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I read a book by Anthony Robbins, Awaken The Giant Within well over a decade ago after attending a seminar that was based on it. It was the first book ever to really affect how I thought about taking control of all aspects of my life, despite my having read loads before. BlueEew, he might not be well known in the UK but he's very famous as a motivational speaker in the States. :)

Awaken The Giant Within tells his story about how he went from being a janitor to a millionaire by changing his mindset. I'd recommend the book highly and can say hand on heart that it had a profound effect on me from that day onwards.

This is his website: http://www.tonyrobbins.com/Home/Home.aspx

I like Wayne Dyer and Deepak Chopra too. Their messages are more on the spiritual side but still essentially about finding out who you are and how being the best you can be improves your quality of life in many areas.

Brian Tracey I'm not familiar with. As to the speakers vs books question, I prefer books because I can go away and think about it then refer back to them at a later date. Energy wise though, it's hard to beat listening to a good motivational speaker. Both have their good points.

5. Radiance27

Radiance27
    uix_expand uix_collapse

My favorite would be Bo Sanchez. He's a preacher and he is very convincing. He talks business too and inspirational stories. He is funny and he really moves me.

6. zui_strumming

zui_strumming
    uix_expand uix_collapse

My favourite motivational speaker is none of the few mentioned.I just admire Paulo Coelho, his books are the most important source of my motivation.
    His books have such profound meaning and depth that once you start reading you take flight to whole new universe...

7. Andrew Clark

Andrew Clark
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I really dont know this persons. I am guessing they are HR motivational speaker.

8. deannatroupe

deannatroupe
    uix_expand uix_collapse

My favorite one out of the ones on that list is definitely Anthony Robbins. He is just fun to watch.

• Like Like x 1
  9. Fergal

Fergal
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Premium Member
    Premium Member

Were there any particular lessons from his talks that stood out for you deannatroupe?

10. daytrader

daytrader
    uix_expand uix_collapse

One person thats seem almost famous here in Philippines. My brother invited me to join money training so we can drink beer together afterwards :D he isn't just a trainor, he's also a motivational speaker. However his name sounded like a salesman to me, his name is john calub. He's good though

11. Fergal

Fergal
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Premium Member
    Premium Member

What tips did you learn from him ownedbox? Have you been able to successfully apply anything he spoke about?

12. daytrader

daytrader
    uix_expand uix_collapse

yuo might not expect it from someone who actually encourage people to do right but
    the famous tip that he use to say in the gathering was something like "IF YOU WANNA BE RICH, DON'T WORK" lolz

he speaks about people to be a money manager. haven't applied it though because i can't manage it well. i have to spend whatever i have becuase i can't spend it when it die. :D

#12 daytrader, Sep 5, 2011
    Last edited: Sep 5, 2011
  13. tiestreeshakti

tiestreeshakti
    uix_expand uix_collapse

we like Rohini Nilekani as her speeches inspire and encourage the entrepreneurs and especially help women to overcome all the social stigmas and work towards their betterment by searching their very own unique talent and excelling in it, we appreciate women entrepreneurs as they are capable of maintaining a healthy balance between their entrepreneurial and family lives and hence have organized the TiE Stree Shakti Awards wherein the women entrepreneurs can let the world know about their enterprise

14. luch

luch
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Werner Erhard. Hands Down.

15. patrick0001

patrick0001
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I like Robert Kiyosaki, rich dad poor dad author.

16. Tohami

Tohami
    uix_expand uix_collapse

My favorite are Jim Cathcart, the world's most award-winning professional speaker and Les Brown, the world's leading motivational speaker.

Both are master storytellers.

17. firstchoicecar

firstchoicecar
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Don't know most of them, But I have my favorite speakers who really motivates me when every time I have a problem.

18. Fergal

Fergal
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Premium Member
    Premium Member

Would you mind telling us who they are?

19. jaqlene

jaqlene
    uix_expand uix_collapse

A keynote speaker must be expert so that he is able to motivate the workers to do better. The speeches of keynote speaker are designed to increase productivity and profitability.

20. parkersharon32

parkersharon32
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Stephen R. Covey is one of my favorite speakers. He has a way of getting involved with the audience. He makes his presence felt in such a way that one can’t be left out. This is one speaker that when he speaks, every person in the room listens to him. I even like reading some of his books like the 7 Habits of Highly Effective People, the 8th Habit, the Leader in Me etc.