Who is using google+ and how is it working for you?

Discussion in 'Internet Marketing' started by Lets Syncro, Jan 4, 2013.

1. Lets Syncro

Lets Syncro
    uix_expand uix_collapse

In setting up our new social media reach, our company is weighting the benefits of using google+? I was wondering if anyone is using it now - I have started looking at it, it seems more complex to me.
    how easy is it, is it benefitting your business?

Thank you,
    Shawn
    Lets Syncro

2. Leeder

Leeder
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Google+ is merely a aftermarket dropper that doesn't have much benefit due to the already heavy base that Facebook has created.

I consider it a non-use and stick to Facebook for promotional material.

Of course, when looking in terms of marketing, the most cost efficient ways to get your name out there are the best if utilized correctly. If it would benefit your market, use it just merely for the fact of traffic to your name/brand. But, also remember that social media takes management to be productive. If you have a social media page and posted on it once or twice since inception of it, when people give you traffic to it they will notice it isn't used often and wonder why. You have to keep up with the sites, that's more time. As we all know, time = money. Take this into consideration.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Lets Syncro

Lets Syncro
    uix_expand uix_collapse

As a small company, time is a serious concern. It may be best to get existing social media running more smoothly.

4. john_mclaren

john_mclaren
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Google plus is recognized by Bing for there ranking algorithm and hence is quiet important. Creating your business page on Google plus and making people follow it and joining communities of your business interest and being active on those social media sites are the best way to increase the traffic to your site. You may add signature for your site and get visits from there i.e. creating links to your site in that way which is useful tool for better ranking in Google.

• Like Like x 1
  5. jimarmstrong

jimarmstrong
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Google+ Guide and Its Role in SMM

Google+ is one the core Social Media Platform in this era of Social Media Marketing. Google+ is the most important web platform in order to influence in search engine ranking. Its not only help to us in search engine ranking boost up but it also helps us in order to gain network of niche peoples. We have been employing since its launch and we have seen extreme influence on our ranking and as well as traffic. Google+ is working as similar as FaceBook, they both are difference in just naming of their features. Wish you good luck.

I would also like to suggest you digital e-book from hubspot which offers Google+ guide in very smart way, please find an attachment.
    http://bit.ly/how_to_use_google_plus

• Like Like x 1
    #5 jimarmstrong, Jan 7, 2013
    Last edited: Jan 7, 2013
  6. Lets Syncro

Lets Syncro
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I appreciate the insights. Jim, how long have you been using it?

7. altcom

altcom
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Bing or Google?

G+ has influence local search, as G+ is integrate with local places. +1 signal, page follower and authorship does influence site ranking.

• Like Like x 1
  8. sanjuk61

sanjuk61
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I also using G+ it's like a Social media sites like facebook, myspace etc.

• Like Like x 1
  9. Mchetan

Mchetan
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Hello,

I am using G+. G+ is one of the best feature for site promotion.

In G+ we can Create circle, create page, create communities etc. Also create vanity URL. This is the vanity URL which i create - gplus.to/chetanm

Through G+ we give links to our website, our profile. If promote blogspot post on G+ will get more views.

Thanks

• Like Like x 1
  10. eelizasanchez121

eelizasanchez121
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Google Plus really works good for the Promotion purpose of the websites as the G plus increase the rank of the website got effected.

• Like Like x 1
  11. danemedel

danemedel
    uix_expand uix_collapse

If you are using Google+ try to use the Google+ page as well. It's like a fan page.

• Like Like x 1
  12. Joseph.Shivell

Joseph.Shivell
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Community Leader
    Community Leader

How is the Google+ page like a fan page? How do members use it? Do they "+" the Google+ page? Can they respond to comments? A little more detail would be appreciated.

• Like Like x 2
  13. Jerlene

Jerlene
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I used Google+ for a little while then I realized it was really unnecessary and didn't really do much for me. I prefer Facebook and Twitter, mostly Facebook.

• Like Like x 1
  14. cesspadilla

cesspadilla
    uix_expand uix_collapse

You guys better read: Plus-One This: Proof That Google Plus Will Prevail. If you still haven't noticed, Google is making Google+ connected to all their products. One thing that they are doing big is the Google Authorship which bloggers might have noticed. Read the article and the reasons why Google+ isn't a flopped.

"Google Plus never was, and will never be, only about competing directly with Facebook." -Dave Llorens

• Like Like x 3
  15. Michail98

Michail98
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I'll support what cesspadilla said. Google plus and Google authorship go hand-in-hand. It's very easy to sit them up and add them to your site. I will not get into the details because if you go to Google and Search "Google Authorship" or "Google Plus" they explain it very well. The only other advice I'll add; because you are a business you should also list your business in Google Places.

16. danemedel

danemedel
    uix_expand uix_collapse

It is like a fan page because aside from personal Google+ account you have the chance to create your own Google+ page too. Similar to "Facebook Fan Page". So instead of using your personal Google + account, you can actually use your Google+ page instead. You can put all your business info on your Google+ page and you can market your business using that page too. There are a lot of pages that might follow you, or you can follow them as well. People can reach you though that page, responds to comments or post, there is also a "+1" button on your friends post, meaning you can click that +1 if you like their post, it is similar to "like".

For you to go that, sign in to your gmail account, then go to your Google+ profile, scroll down, under the communities it shows a "Pages" tab, click that then you will see a another button says "create new page" it is in orange color. Then start creating your Google+ page.

Google+ page is another and latest tool for social media marketing. Since it is owned by Google, it will give a big impact on your online marketing strategy.

• Like Like x 2
  17. Joseph.Shivell

Joseph.Shivell
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Community Leader
    Community Leader

Thank you. That was much more helpful than your other post, and I and other members appreciate you posting it.

18. Lets Syncro

Lets Syncro
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I am just trying to initiative google + into our plan. I have a concern that with us being a small start up that we lack content to be active in so many social media platforms ( linkedin,twitter, facebook,pinterest,google +) But even with that concern, I would rather be ahead than behind in the next trend.

19. Leejeong

Leejeong
    uix_expand uix_collapse

With the proper use of Google+ accounts, you can enjoy the united social networks of facebook and twitter. Twitter allows users to filter out tweets with their # hashtags. These hashtags can help you localized your tweets/posts to pull more people. It's also a good way to tag your site based on your location. I'm trying this on my website. So far its doing good.

20. mkenneth

mkenneth
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I think Facebook and other social networking site is far better then Google+ for business purpose.