Which would you rather have a phone or a computer?

Discussion in 'Smartphones & Other Devices' started by kaian, Jul 6, 2015.

1. Rosy Queen

Rosy Queen
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I prefer computer because you can use it for making reports and other document as maybe required by your business.

2. BODHost

BODHost
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I would go for computer as that is where the daily hustle happens, not that I hate phones but I never understood why people spend so much time on phones, when they can utilize that time to be productive.

3. thetaleofwinter

thetaleofwinter
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Phone is something i need more. Whatsapp, google maps, google translate, instagram, shazam, messenger, etc.

4. Cyclone Hosting

Cyclone Hosting
    uix_expand uix_collapse

This question is all about what you would like to do with the device. A phone can only do so much, yes it is very handy to have a smartphone, and you can do almost everything a computer can do, but there are its limitations. A phone does not have flash plugin so you cant view flash enabled websites. A phone also does not allow you to connect peripherals to it such as an external hard drive, and a phone is hard when it comes down to creating documents and photo and video editing. So with that being said, I would rather a computer if I chose one of them, but the iphone I would still want because this way I can view the internet on the go because of its data signal from the cell provider, and am able to text and make calls just in case of an emergency. I also use my phone for my business so I can provide livehelp to customers on the go 24/7. So, the iphone is convenient but does not do everything I want to do and does not do it promptly and more efficiently like a computer would.

Regards,
    Dennis

5. squeeze

squeeze
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Both of them is important we need it.We need a computer to search and discover new discovery.We need cellphone to communicate our lovesone

6. Mike Levin

Mike Levin
    uix_expand uix_collapse

According to my opinion: PC is the best solution. Nowadays there are a lot of softphone applications, so you can use your computer to make calls and monitor your business/private contacts.

7. Natalie M

Natalie M
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Both would be perfect, but if I had to choose, it would be definitely a computer. Tablet / iPad are great too, especially nowadays, they're so advanced.

8. icetomeetyou

icetomeetyou
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I thought it was an easy question at first... now I'm not sure! I feel like I'd have to take computer, as doing so much on a small screen would be annoying.

9. SharonK

SharonK
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Smartphones are good and developing but they still cannot take place of computers. Maybe in future, they might be developed, but for now, I would prefer computers over smartphones for official purpose.

10. ApexHomeServices

ApexHomeServices
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Phones are easy and convenient. It's becoming increasingly easier to do anything you can do with a computer on a phone. Some things I still use my laptop for, but if I had to choose, I would pick my (i)phone.

11. gearhint

gearhint
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I would prefer Mobile phone rather than Laptop. Because nowadays mobile phones have almost all the facilities like laptop expect some.

12. tonykakkar

tonykakkar
    uix_expand uix_collapse

It depends on work. If you just to do some normal work on reading and sending an email then I think the mobile device will be the best option but if you have some more work then I would prefer a laptop more.

#32 tonykakkar, Jun 2, 2018
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 2, 2018
  13. Emily Lee

Emily Lee
    uix_expand uix_collapse

If i have to pick one, i 100% gonna pick a computer over a phone. Besides the mobility, a computer can help you to do everything that a phone can. Also, the computer is way much more reliable and cost effective compared to a phone

14. Joseph.Shivell

Joseph.Shivell
    uix_expand uix_collapse

This sounds like it should have been written a few years ago. More and more, smartphones are now sharing the capabilities of a computer, thre opposite of what Emily says in her post. Depending on what kind of OS you have, and how upgrades are delivered, a smartphone may be more reliable than a computer. So far, even most smartphones can be carried in a pocket or holster on your belt(or waist of your pants). The only possible exception may be the Samsung Galaxy Note, or similar phablets from other manufacturers.

15. Jessica A.

Jessica A.
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Definitely a computer. Working on your phone is too difficult to carry out. I'm sure there'd be documents to make and a phone screen is way too small especially if you have a poor eyesight! Running a business would also mean making ads and in order to do that, you'll need applications which tend to be heavy on your phone's memory which in turn slows it down so a computer should take care of it. You can always make calls on Skype or whatever application is available.

16. Julia Sta Romana

Julia Sta Romana
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I would prefer to have a computer. You can get more done on a computer. And I can always use Skype, and other phone apps on a laptop

17. Lucian Hodoboc

Lucian Hodoboc
    uix_expand uix_collapse

A good laptop would be preferable, in my opinion. Smartphones are portable, but they can only do a very limited number of things. At least for now.

• Like Like x 1
  18. bluepacific

bluepacific
    uix_expand uix_collapse

If I have to do that, I will choose a full-featured computer.

19. Diana.kasim

Diana.kasim
    uix_expand uix_collapse

a good laptop for sure

20. Asfandiyar

Asfandiyar
    uix_expand uix_collapse

for work it's laptop, especially macbook.