Which tool do you use for keyword research?

Discussion in 'Search Engine Optimization' started by Nerdie, Jul 13, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Nerdie

Nerdie
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Which tool/platform do you currently use for keyword research? We currently use SpyFU and think that it is alright, not the best honestly.

Has anyone had good success with any other platforms? If so, which?

2. OhioTom76

OhioTom76
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Right now, I am using a combination of Google's Keyword Planner, Long Tail Platinum (the more expensive version of Long Tail Pro, which includes their proprietary Keyword Competition score), and Scrapebox (to scrape Google's auto suggested queries from their search box). Then I bring it all into Excel for further analysis - often times using various features from the SEOTools plugin for Excel.

I like to build out a master "keyword list" which is as comprehensive and targeted as I can make it - even if there are words in that list I would never bid on via PPC or go after via SEO because they are too high volume, too costly, and/or too competitive. It's still useful to know which words or phrases attract more search volume vs. others. That type of information will help guide you when you are writing content for your site, so you know which words or phrases you should be using vs. others.

I generally build out a solid list of 2,3 and 4 word phrases from Google's Keyword Planner tool, then run them through Scrapebox to get all the additional 10 auto suggested queries from Google's search box. This can take quite some time and cause you to get blocked by Google, so I typically have to purchase about 20-30 private proxies to cycle through in Scrapebox when doing this.

Long Tail Platinum is useful to help prioritize which keywords you should be targeting first. I will generally bring my keywords into it then filter out anything that's not getting at least 500-1000 local searches per month (local meaning the country you are targeting in the Keyword Planner), and is at least 3 words or more, and has a Keyword Competition score below 30-ish. Then I will drill down on this list of keywords and look at the top 10 search results for each one, and see who my competitors are and if there are potentially any low quality sites ranking on the first page that I could easily beat.

3. Aisha Chowdhury

Aisha Chowdhury
    uix_expand uix_collapse

The best tool for keyword research is Google keyword planner. I used it for keyword research and it gives proper information of particluar keyword. Targeting long tail keywords is easy to grab highest position in google.

4. addialex

addialex
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Google keyword planner is the best keyword research tool it gives lot of information related to my keyword like completion on particular keyword,monthly searches etc.

5. StuartSpindlow

StuartSpindlow
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I always use Google keyword planner for best keywords research and this is best only for me.

6. joy.linford

joy.linford
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I always prefer to use Google's Keyword Planner Tool because it is a free tool provided by Google and all information & data coming from directly Google.

7. Asher ross

Asher ross
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Community Liaison 1.0

The Google keyword planner is one of the best tools for keyword research, I used it. Focus your attention on Long tail keywords that have low competition. You can also use the google trends to find out the search trends and this will help you further with keyword research.

8. mishraraj2603

mishraraj2603
    uix_expand uix_collapse

In this case I am very poor. Still I am using google keyword planner tool. Our company don't have money to buy paid tool like word stream, etc.
    God knows when I will use paid tool for the same. :(

9. Richard Johnson

Richard Johnson
    uix_expand uix_collapse

We used the gogle adwords keyword planner. It is a great sftware and it provides us great ideas for keywords.

10. steveposter

steveposter
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Aside from Google Keyword Planner I also used other tools and the most important thing is not to rely on these tools but find other mediums to study on how your targeted users behave on their needs and expectations like in active online communities like Reddit.

11. SpikeTheLobster

SpikeTheLobster
    uix_expand uix_collapse

A couple of years ago, I tried my hand at micro-niche and niche marketing. I suck at it, but I invested a wee tiny bit of money into Brad Callen's Niche Finder. It's excellent. Pay once, use forever, and it presents only the most simple, pertinent information about keywords or sites.

I love it simply because it doesn't try to be too clever. Too many keyword apps take the "more is more" approach and show you hundreds of stats, but don't help you make better decisions. Niche Finder only shows you the basic, but most important information. Even though I'm terrible at niche things (and so have moved on to other things), it's still a very useful tool and hasn't let me down yet.

12. Alan Ron

Alan Ron
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Google is used by about 80 % peoples of the world.So that for the better search queries, it is always better to use google keyword planner. It is enough for you to get the keywords, their competition and monthly searches. The additional setting also help you a lot.

13. shaadisankalp

shaadisankalp
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Google Adword Keyword Planner is the best Tool Research Keywords.

14. Maryann Farrugia

Maryann Farrugia
    uix_expand uix_collapse

so far the best keyword research tool as they said it's Google keyword planner.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.