Which things are most important to improve the website performance?

Discussion in 'Website Development & Design' started by kpkarthik, Jul 7, 2014.

1. kpkarthik

kpkarthik
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Which of the following things are important to improve the website performance?Why?

a) Page rank
    b) link building
    c) social media promotions

#1 kpkarthik, Jul 7, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 7, 2014
  2. jackkalls

jackkalls
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Page rank on google is the most important of all, because once your site is ranked higher many people can reach out at your website.

3. SConsultant

SConsultant
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Actually nowadays I truly believe in the power of Social Media combined with compelling content and user experience altogether. If you promote a poor site on social you'll fail faster. Without a good site - namely high conversion rate - you'll SEO (pagerank, link building & co) will be in vain...

4. Joseph.Shivell

Joseph.Shivell
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Community Leader
    Community Leader

SConsultant makes a good point. Before you do any kind of promotion, you need to make sure your website will hold the attention of the visitor. As far as the promotion itself, PageRank is no longer as important as it once was. On the other hand, if by page rank you mean the website's position in the SERPs, jackalls is correct. However, getting there means using link building, which involves participation in social media. Here again, your meaning is not clear. By "social media promotions", did you mean paid ads on social media sites? If so, these may not have much effect on your position in the SERPs, but can help bring buying traffic to your site if done correctly. However participation on social media sites can (covertly) encourage people to visit your site, and perhaps decide to link to it.
    So to answer your question, a #1 position in the SERPs is the ultimate goal, but to get there you need to build links, and be an active participant in social media.

5. Ronan

Ronan
    uix_expand uix_collapse

The answer to your question is simple - it depends on who you are asking.

I do SEO and link building so I am going to tell you link building, If I worked in social media promotions I'd tell you social media, if I worked in both areas I would tell you the one I have personally seen better results from.

Every body has a different opinion on that question.

To improve the performance of your website you need to know your online customer inside out, what sort of mind set they have, where they hangout online, what influences them online.

Do you need to brand to them and slowly over time inform them about how great your products is to make a sale? - If this is the case I would suggest social media.

If you know they are sitting on a computer and typing in a query into Google and purchasing then backlinking is what you need.

6. thaversantosh

thaversantosh
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Website performance is depend on many factor . website must have good quality content , website load with in second , website must be informative , website url must be short and user friendly etc . All these factor increase the website page rank .
    Another activity only improve the Google ranking factor .

7. Asher ross

Asher ross
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Community Liaison 1.0

Hi,

Simple website structure website, easy to understand content and responsive design can help a website to improve its performance.

8. ketusoftware

ketusoftware
    uix_expand uix_collapse

website performance depends on many things start from the onpage properties like page speed, page content, optimising to the off page activities

9. thaversantosh

thaversantosh
    uix_expand uix_collapse

There is so many factor to increases the website performance .
    Website should contain less flash and good quality content .
    website should open in very less time .
    website have short domain name .
    So page rank is depend on the website performance .

10. colnettella

colnettella
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Simple structure of your site, unique and relevant content which is easier to understand and good designing can help you to improve the performance of your site. Also social media promotion and link building are the important factors to improve the performance.

11. nancyisabell

nancyisabell
    uix_expand uix_collapse

All the things are essential to make any site prevalent. Really, you have to relate all the things with one another, here you are overlooking one thing that is on page enhancement for any site. Online networking advancement and third party referencing are the methodology which used to assemble trust for your site and give more movement to your site. Page rank is a component utilized via web indexes to think about any site, it incorporates numerous components as quality, movement, notoriety etc.....

12. Julia Patterson

Julia Patterson
    uix_expand uix_collapse

There are many things to focus in order to improve your website.
    1. Should check all the web page for issues
    2. Link building and link checking
    3. Search queries and top performing site reports
    4. Branded and non-branded keywords
    5. Analyze the top performing pages of your site
    6. Get to know about missed out traffic

There are many more...

#12 Julia Patterson, Aug 1, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 1, 2014
  13. alexfernandes

alexfernandes
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Link building is still considered to be a back bone of SEO whereas Social media is the latest trend in SEO. I guess we should keep a perfect balance between these 2 important aspects.

14. Julia Patterson

Julia Patterson
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I agree with Alex. Link building is the basic thing for a website. Social media is more about marketing of the site. Every aspect should be considered to enhance the website.