which social media platform is best in lead generation ?

Discussion in 'Social Media for Business' started by Jessica Thomson, Nov 21, 2016.

1. Jessica Thomson

Jessica Thomson
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Hi !
    Can anyone told me that in Facebook and Pinterest which one is good to generate leads for your website.I am asking in paid advertisement scenario

2. fisicx

fisicx
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Community Liaison 1.0

It depends on what you are selling, to whom and for how much.

3. kaufenpreis

kaufenpreis
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Thought provoking infographic – my big takeaway here is what you find across all social channels. Participation is key. Most leads come from discussion groups. Thanks for putting this together Susanne, I’ll reference it in a future post and discussions.

4. zinnga

zinnga
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Hi Jessica Thomson,
    Facebook is the world largest Social Media Platform...I think Facebook is better than pinterest.!!

5. Jessica Thomson

Jessica Thomson
    uix_expand uix_collapse

i am asking about web design and WordPress themes selling

6. fisicx

fisicx
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Community Liaison 1.0

Neither will get much traction on SM sites. If you want to sell themes get them onto https://themeforest.net/

If you want to sell web design you need to get onto Google, advertise and market yourself to prospective clients.

However, some people have had success with Facebook adverts but it can take a long time to get the targeting right. A friend of mine spent just over $1000 before he found the sweet spot and has now just about covered his costs.

• Like Like x 1
  7. geeksonrepair

geeksonrepair
    uix_expand uix_collapse

1) Facebook is the best platform for lead generation.
    2) Mostly people use Facebook for advertise their business.
    3) You can create business pages on Facebook.
    4) It provides the best way to find people.

8. fisicx

fisicx
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Community Liaison 1.0

1) Facebook is the best platform for lead generation. No it's not
    2) Mostly people use Facebook for advertise their business. No they don't
    3) You can create business pages on Facebook. And your point is?
    4) It provides the best way to find people. It depends on who you want to find

9. Joseph.Shivell

Joseph.Shivell
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Community Leader
    Community Leader

Agreed. More information to back up this statement would have been helpful
    Same as above. Statistics from a reliable source, if they exist, would give this statement more authority
    You can also create a business page on Pinterest. Although Jessica didn't mention it, you can have a business account on Twitter as well, so this statement has no purpose.
    Why is Facebook a better way to find people than any other social networking site? Again, can you back up your statement with other information? A short statement like this means nothing.

• Like Like x 1
  10. BODHost

BODHost
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I would say you are better off ranking sites for lead generation purpose as FB ads is not the platform for getting leads, as most of the users are freebie seekers and also Pinterest is out of the equation as most of the traffic on that site is occupied by females, and they are looking for something else :)

11. Jennina Alvizo

Jennina Alvizo
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Agreed. More information to back up this statement would have been helpful
    I second this. Though I know a lot of businesses (some are owned by people I know personally) that have been successful in gaining leads using Facebook, it still took them quite some time to be able to come up with a Social Media Marketing strategy that works best with their business.
    Same as above. Statistics from a reliable source, if they exist, would give this statement more authority
    If you really observe how businesses/companies handle their social media profiles, especially on Facebook, you would notice how most of them try to build customer relationship via these SM accounts. Yes, Facebook can be a good platform for advertising but it doesn't 'always' work.
    You can also create a business page on Pinterest. Although Jessica didn't mention it, you can have a business account on Twitter as well, so this statement has no purpose.
    I think he was trying to give reasons why Facebook is a good platform to generate leads. But either way, it still comes off irrelevant since like what is stated above, you can also create business accounts in other SM platforms.
    Why is Facebook a better way to find people than any other social networking site? Again, can you back up your statement with other information? A short statement like this means nothing.
    Maybe you're trying to point out Facebook's targeted ads? Take into consideration that there is also Twitter targeted ads. Or is your statement about Facebook's large user base? If it's the latter, then yes you are correct. Facebook has the largest user base compared to other SM platforms. But if you are after lead generation, it's best to consider what platforms your target market are more active in.

12. Eleena

Eleena
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I dont know about Pinterest advertising but Facebook advertising is one of the great ways to generate leads. I am already using Google Adwords and getting kind of good response, now thinking to try Facebook Advertising platform now.

13. Smith-K

Smith-K
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I must Linkedin has worked like a charm for me, when it comes to getting B2B leads. They are real people who are looking for your services and most of the clients that I have acquired are willing to shell out huge amount of money on a monthly basis.

14. David Beck

David Beck
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Facebook is the best social media platform to build an internet presence. I don't know about Pinterest advertisements. You can go for Google Adwords and search engine shopping sites in order to generate leads.

15. Ourbusinessladder

Ourbusinessladder
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I prefer facebook for lead creation. Facebook provides a wide platform for marketing the product/service. Pinterest would be great for some specific product marketing.

16. BrightFuture

BrightFuture
    uix_expand uix_collapse

It depends on what you are selling and the age group you are targeting both on facebook and pinterest, facebook is better if you are selling things that are related to entertainment within the age group between 14-30 years.

17. Christi Smith

Christi Smith
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Firstly selecting social platform for Lead generation will not be same for every niche. So it's not necessary if facebook is working for industry it will work for your industry too.

After working for few industry I think LinkedIn is one of the common lead generation platform irrespective of niche.

18. Julia Sta Romana

Julia Sta Romana
    uix_expand uix_collapse

For lead generation, considering your niche, Pinterest and Liinkedin would be good options. Facebook works well for marketing and promotions but as a lead generation platform, it's not that effective.

19. 1minhlakin

1minhlakin
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I think Linkedin will be the most effective for your product (wordpress theme, if i get it correctly). Because people buy wordpress theme mainly for their jobs - which you can target correctly in this social network.
    I don't think facebook is suitable for your product since most of the times people go to facebook to relax and talk to their friends. So it make more sense to market consumer goods on facebook, not some work-related product such as wordpress theme.

20. Emma Mckay

Emma Mckay
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Hello,
    Hope you are well.
    Every Social Media has different features and functionality. its depends on your purpose, productivity and the targeted audience you need to choose Social Media website.
    Facebook is the only platform where you can do multiple tasks like Content sharing, Video sharing, Link sharing, Product selling and brand awareness with free or paid service. You need to increase your followers and fan page followings. you can directly sell your themes from Facebook.
    LinkedIn is one of the best platforms for you, where you can target all the commercial users.
    Twitter and Instagram both are useful Social Media platform for Promotions and lead generation.