Which Points to Note while Creating Freelancer Profile?

Discussion in 'Business Ideas' started by Aabha Mehta, Apr 29, 2016.

1. Aabha Mehta

Aabha Mehta
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Hello,
    I am an SEO & SEM expert and I want to create my profile on some freelancer platforms (sites). Now, I have not a proper idea that which points to take care while creating a Freelancer Profile. So people could you please help me in this topic.

Thanks

2. Ramona Vandusen

Ramona Vandusen
    uix_expand uix_collapse

You should remember that when you create your freelancer profile.

1. Create an Effective Headline
    2. Upload a Professional Photo
    3. Open With Your Qualifications and Experience
    4. Backup Your Qualifications With Your Academic Background
    5. Always Include Your Contact Information
    6. Prove How Great You are With Samples and References

3. rf-harris

rf-harris
    uix_expand uix_collapse

These are surely some great points but I would like to add one more very important thing which is to don't set high rates at the start as it would be very difficult for a newcomer to get work in this very competitive market so in order to attract clients you need to be offering them lower rates plus you should always be very responsive to any of your messages, emails and try to reply your clients as soon as possible, because if you delay you may lose your client.

4. cheta

cheta
    uix_expand uix_collapse

nice collection you added there, ramona, but the most important thing you need to include is your website url. majority of the freelance sites do offer a space for that. this surely will enable you to create more backlinks to your website. it can be done directly or via an anchor text. take note of this.

5. justin Urbas

justin Urbas
    uix_expand uix_collapse

The most important information required while creating your freelance profile is that presenting some samples of your work and showing how deserving you are, most of the experts miss it.

6. Rockpapercopy

Rockpapercopy
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Many of those freelancing websites only show first 1-2 sentences of your profile description in search results. Make sure to have a strong opening and listing how you can help customers [not what you do first]. Don't say: I write great researched articles, but say: I will create researched content that will bring you traffic and work on your Google rank for years to come.

• Like Like x 1
  7. Joseph.Shivell

Joseph.Shivell
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Community Leader
    Community Leader

The suggestion to write the first two lines to compel people to hire you is a good one, but be careful about making promises you cannot keep. Someone may read this and blame you when they don't get an increase in traffic or their Google rank does not increase. After the facty you can point out that their are other factors involved, but that's not what your profile says.

8. Lorence Merk

Lorence Merk
    uix_expand uix_collapse

When creating a freelancer profile you must have some work history to show. Of course, you should highlight your skills and upload a professional looking photo.

9. Rockpapercopy

Rockpapercopy
    uix_expand uix_collapse

well yes, a golden rule is do not exaggerate at any point. The idea is to tell about benefits for the client and not about just what you do.