Which offline marketing does software company use?

Discussion in 'Traditional Offline Marketing' started by Eleena, Mar 7, 2017.

1. Eleena

Eleena
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Can someone give me some suggestions on what kind of offline marketing should I use for my software company?

2. Rosy Queen

Rosy Queen
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Some of the forgotten or traditional offline marketing that can still be effective in business are the use of business cards, brochures, flyers and conducting an event, donating gift certificates and products as prizes and so on.

#2 Rosy Queen, Mar 9, 2017
    Last edited: Mar 9, 2017
  3. rf-harris

rf-harris
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Television Marketing would obviously be very helpful for any type of business. It may be a bit expensive but it would surely give you great exposure.

4. Smith-K

Smith-K
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Billboard advertising is something you can give a go. It's not that costly as compared to TV advertising but it is definitely something that can get your software product in limelight.

5. Mike Levin

Mike Levin
    uix_expand uix_collapse

As mentioned before, The best way for software company would be gift cards of flyers. It's always better to give people some kind of discount coupons. You even can print them in a newspaper

6. Brooke Harper

Brooke Harper
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Hey, Eleena! I like that you're looking to expand your marketing reach into the offline scene even when what your selling can be considered as an online product. Offline marketing is a great supplement for online marketing, and vice versa.

Here are some of the approaches we've tried in the past years:

1. Networking. Build your network by joining local chapters of associations or organizations where your target audience is likely to be found. Once you've established a connection with these agencies, you can take part in national/international conferences. Nothing beats face-to-face engagements.

2. Participate in speaking opportunities.

If you're not afraid of public speaking or have someone reliable to do it for you, speaking opportunities are the perfect venue where you can reach out to a highly interested audience that's ready to hear what you have to say. Think, mass exposure, credibility, and visibility.

3. Cold calls. When done right, cold calling is one of the most effective and cost efficient offline marketing approaches there is.

• Like Like x 1
  7. Eleena

Eleena
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Thank you for the ideas, yes I am aware of some these marketing tricks.

8. Eleena

Eleena
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Yes it may be effective but as you have mentioned, it will be expensive for us so not going to do that now!

9. Brooke Harper

Brooke Harper
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Btw, I forgot to ask. What kind of software are you trying to market, Eleena?

We're a SaaS company and we found great success in utilizing the strategies I've mentioned. I think you'll find that the same strategies are both effective and cost-efficient. Joining conferences as a guest speaker also allows your company to connect with your prospects or partners on a more interactive level rather than flyers and brochures.

10. Bizsort

Bizsort
    uix_expand uix_collapse

You can go to trade shows, without renting booth, just go and talk to as many people as you can