Which of the two gains more traffic?

Discussion in 'Internet Marketing' started by TimB, Mar 7, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TimB

TimB
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Hey All,

Which of the two is more important and effective in terms of gaining traffic?

Search Engine Optimization (SEO) Or Social Media Marketing (SMM)

Please support you answer with logic and examples!

Thank-you!

2. TimeRider

TimeRider
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I think I will go with Social Media Marketing (SMM) as such programs create content that attracts attention and encourages readers or viewers. Social sites like facebook, twitter are effective media for this. I have seen it practically. It seems to be trusted third-party source. Also This kind of marketing is goaded by word of mouth which is quite effective in my view.

3. Andhara Angels

Andhara Angels
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Both are Their own Benefits ,Also Depends on the Type of business services you going to promote ...
    SMM : A Good technique In marketing For business services and Engage traffic for website , One Can Join Group with Top Social Sites and Start participate in Discussions that Works for building Reputation of your profile ...

SEO : SEO in promoting business services helps with ranking of website with search results , long term process and requires a lots of quality work depends on website competition ..

Both terms Are Related and Works Together to Build your business website reputation and Build better sales and Conversion Rate ..

4. bethw

bethw
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Both SEO and SMM are equally important for traffic as well as conversion. SEO without SMM is incomplete. You need to work on both. Plan accordingly.

5. cesspadilla

cesspadilla
    uix_expand uix_collapse

They both work the same way. If you really need an impact... do both. You need to optimize your website to be able to retain and attract more visitors. You can also do business via twitter or facebook, make sure that clients are taken care of, etc. It works the same way that you can't really judge it which one works best. It depends on how you handle or do things.

6. aaron70

aaron70
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Both are the good ways to get traffic and we can use both techniques to get more traffic .
    But is tink seo is the most appropriate way to get huge amount of traffic because when your site would be at the top of search engine then definitely you will got huge amount of traffic .
    so i think we should use seo methyod to get traffic.
    Thanks you all for sharing good information,
    Best regards.
    Aaron.

7. Rocky

Rocky
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Both SEO & SMM are interrelated. For effective seo you need to do social networking and both collaboratively help you get traffic. So you can't just rely on one.

8. Leejeong

Leejeong
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Both are generating traffic, but if you're asking me "more traffic", definitely SMM (Social Media Marketing) is the best. Just want to give you this quick sample, SEO brings daily visits. SMM brings a "spike" on your visits, it just depends on what post, tweet, or share you applied to your followers. SMM also brings much more visitors, depending on how compelling and trustworthy the post or tweets. I guess it's much better than leaving "spam" message and comments. Videos on SMM do bring unimaginable popularity on the site. Remember to keep set your mind like you're the targeted visitor. You should know what people most likely do and don't. Be the market yourself, so it'll be easy for you to plan these marketing strategies. :)

9. Sam Him

Sam Him
    uix_expand uix_collapse

SEO and SMM both good Techniques in promoting business services over web space ..
    Agree, More then Anything Else in marketing world as huge technique to perform , Analysis of techniques for better Conversion Rate is Important ....

10. maxwebinc

maxwebinc
    uix_expand uix_collapse

SEO and SMM works quietly different. SEO is the process where you gain traffic from search engines through links, and other factors related to seo. On the other side, SMM takes place when you are building a reputation or brand. Sometimes you can use SEO in doing reputation building.

You can do both in order to maximize traffic to your website. SEO takes months or years to gain something good, while in the process, backing up with SMM can be a good idea.

11. TT Annoy Me

TT Annoy Me
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Social Media Marketing will probably get you more in the short-term, but SEO is a huge long-term benefit. I'd probably say a healthy mixture of both would be best.

12. lyndawass

lyndawass
    uix_expand uix_collapse

For getting more traffic it's depends on getting more visitors to our site so Social Media Marketing is most important to get more traffic in short time.....

13. Sam Him

Sam Him
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Depends on the Services one going to promote ... I am not Found it Works In Short time as It Depends on your Reputation with Groups and Discussion to advertising with website that get maximum visits ...
    Don't Forgo the power of other marketing techniques like Content Sharing techniques , join Answering Sites like yahoo , Relevant Communities to discussing and help other members , video sharing etc
    Overall All are Considers As techniques in SEO .

14. Owen

Owen
    uix_expand uix_collapse

It Depends on your Target.

15. scifi

scifi
    uix_expand uix_collapse

This question is just like what is more important toothbrush or toothpaste... BOth smm and seo are not substitutes to each other but are complimentary techniques that creates value addition for you ...

16. spyindiajay

spyindiajay
    uix_expand uix_collapse

We can basically use social directories submissions and classified for more traffic.Both are very useful activities for gain traffic.

17. rises5544

rises5544
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Seo is the best way i think to get regular organic traffic.you have to be strong community on SEM, if you think to get traffic from that source.

18. Joseph.Shivell

Joseph.Shivell
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Community Leader
    Community Leader

Could you expand upon this? Are there any disadvantages to SEO? What do you mean by "be strong community on SEM"? I am sure others would be helped by your insights, if you could just provide more information?

19. ramiszaro

ramiszaro
    uix_expand uix_collapse

SMO gives the traffic but not for all the time but SEO is the only way to stay in search engine result page.

20. semaphore.v

semaphore.v
    uix_expand uix_collapse

SEO helps in:
    Increase traffic
    Promote your products and services to the right audience
    Increase business ROI

SMM helps in:
    Making customer services more effective
    Generating business leads
    Brand awareness

Thread Status: