Which links (follow or no follow) are better for getting SEO value?

Discussion in 'Search Engine Optimization' started by HMS Naveen, Apr 17, 2018.

1. HMS Naveen

HMS Naveen
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I know that do-follow links are better for getting my website ranked higher in Google. However, my question is for external links - from my blog.

I write a blog and I include links to websites with high DA (above 70). I am doing this to show Google first of all that my content is related to this industry from the links, but also to establish high authority for my website.

So, should I use no follow or followed links? I heard that if I have lots of external links, the effect could be opposite.

2. jeffscott

jeffscott
    uix_expand uix_collapse

It is true that do follow links are appreciated by the search engines but now no follow links are also considered as a good signal from your website and possible source of quality traffic from the target audience.

3. Daljeet Arora

Daljeet Arora
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Do Follow Links give you backlinks which is counted by search engine but no follow gives you only traffic but not count by google for ranking factor. But you should build both backlinks

4. Olivia Caitlin

Olivia Caitlin
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I would say you should give no follow link to all the external websites or pages as this clearly mean that your content is related to the websites abut you are not giving any weightage to the link. Do follow mean your are passing the authority of your website and referring it with complete trust.

5. mmrseobd

mmrseobd
    uix_expand uix_collapse

About 80% dofollow and 20% nofollow links are better and will increase site ranking.

6. fisicx

fisicx
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Community Liaison 1.0

Where did you get these stats? How does 20% no follow increase ranking?

7. mmrseobd

mmrseobd
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Without nofollow backlinks, search engines will consider your site's backlinks are paid. That figure can be maximum.

8. fisicx

fisicx
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Community Liaison 1.0

That makes no sense at all. I agree Google likes to see a mix but no-follow links will not increase your ranking. And to suggest Google considers links to be paid for unless you have some no-follow links is about as wrong as it gets.

9. Olivia418

Olivia418
    uix_expand uix_collapse

According to google recent algorithm dofollow links are counted as ranking measure for any website and nofollow links do not affect for ranking signal. But both are needed to be trusted to google. If you have only dofollow links that is suspicious to google.
    To make your site's link juice rich and hearlty to google profile you should consider 70% dofollow links and 30% nofollow links.

10. Julia Ann

Julia Ann
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I agreed with @daljeet-arora.59166

Dofollow Links give backlinks & but no follow gives only traffic so why to go with nofollow, You should only add Dofollow Links for external links.

11. kylojoe10

kylojoe10
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Nofollow and Dofollow Links are very important in SEO of any Website. Link Building is a very important strategy in SEO. For proper SEO of your website, you should know when and where to use Nofollow and Dofollow links. The wrong usage of Nofollow and Dofollow links highly impact your website’s ranking in search engines. That's why it is very important to know when and where to use no-follow and do-follow links in your website. So last define as Do Follow Links give you backlinks which are counted by search engine but no follow gives you only traffic but not count by Google for ranking factor.

12. Stephen Chong

Stephen Chong
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Do follow links make a strong website bases but no follow links are also important. unless all your links to be considered as paid and you may be penalised for that.

13. Joseph.Shivell

Joseph.Shivell
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Stephen:
    As you can see, this claim has been addressed previously and has been debunked. Where did you get the idea that having all do-follow links would mean Google would consider them paid links? it makes no sense, but knowing the reasoning behind it, and the source, would help us determine how the conclusion was reached, and we can better explain why it is wrong.

14. randivkumar

randivkumar
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I think do-follow links is always better than no-follow links, But It is not easy to get do-follow links always.

15. biglyft

biglyft
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Do Follow Links give you backlinks which is counted by search engine but no follow gives you only traffic but not count by google for ranking factor. But you should build both backlinks