Which is the best medium to promoting a business?

Discussion in 'Internet Marketing' started by Andym, Aug 27, 2010.

1. Andym

Andym
    uix_expand uix_collapse

This is a crucial question to be answered and the results more crucial for any entrepreneur, business owner, researchers & analysts.

We know there are various mediums that are used to promote a business or service. An example can be a traditional television media. Likewise there are other mediums too, that are been listed below. You have to choose one among these that you believe is the best medium of promoting a business.

1: Print Media (Includes Newspapers, Magazines etc)

2: Digital Media or Broadcasting (Includes Television, Internet, Radio etc)

3: Promotional Media (Includes Imprinted Gifts, Promotional Products, Giveaways etc)

4: Communication Medium (Mouth Publicity etc)

Along with your answers you can also post any references from the web or research studies which explains about the distinctive media for marketing & advertising business.

Thank You for answering to this thread!

Regards,
    Andy

2. chicky

chicky
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Hello

Internet is Best resource from All you have mention above as it includes everything like print,videos,social media etc.

3. Mountain Man

Mountain Man
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I have to disagree chicky. The best place to promote is where your customers are. sounds a little simple but what if the majority of your potential customers don't go to the internet for their needs? It hardly makes sense to advertise world wide if you run a local burger stand or ice cream shop, (not counting Japadog). The first question to ask is where do my customers go for their trusted info.

4. pixelbob

pixelbob
    uix_expand uix_collapse

For me all medium are great for promoting a business. If you want your business to be known I suggest that you exhaust all form of promotional medium.

5. chemicals

chemicals
    uix_expand uix_collapse

if you thought all forms of promotional medium are in vain.then how to you promote businessin the Internet?

6. Tecknowoman

Tecknowoman
    uix_expand uix_collapse

All media have potential and purpose and can be used to maximize results of each other.

However for me the internet is the most leveraged, targeted, flexible and underutilized form of marketing available.

7. Andym

Andym
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Hello Friends!

Thanks a lot for joining the discussion & sharing your valuable opinion.

I also believe that internet is the best, affordable & easy source to market a business. However, the question that I have in mind, is that, "Can internet alone can help your product to become a Renowned Brand?" For instance we have Brands like Nike, Coca Cola, Reid & Taylor, HSBC etc. They became Brands using traditional advertising media i.e Commercial Television Advertisements. They are now popular world wide.

In case if you have any case study of a Product or Company that became a brand using the Internet Space, please share it with us.

Thank You!

8. Fergal

Fergal
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Premium Member
    Premium Member

It has worked for online businesses such as Google and Twitter. I can't think of any traditional business examples, perhaps some of our other members can offer suggestions?

9. Andrew

Andrew
    uix_expand uix_collapse

best medium to promoting a business

advertisement is a easy and popular way to promote our business. some of them
    print media useful for local business and local market.
    Digital Media or Broadcasting useful for national as well as international.

10. Jahan Choudhry

Jahan Choudhry
    uix_expand uix_collapse

There are different types of promotion.

1. Is the direct sale of a product or service.

2. The promotion of a brand

a: This is either by huge companies such as BMW, Coke etc to sustain their brand image.

b: By a new company to establish respectability in the market, with consumers.

It all depends on what market you are aiming at.

I would say in business, money is very precious (even if you are a billionaire) and what I've learnt from mentors and others is that money should be respected and not abused, e.g. loads of it just thrown indiscriminately. So:

a: Be selective in which medium you use.

b: Chose media which you can measure how effective it has been, one of the differences between internet articles and print articles is that with the internet you can see how many people have looked at your article/ad/site!

c: In addition to the points above, don't underestimate the power of personal recommendations and even network marketing (a method which even Robert Kawasaki endorses), some of it which is known by the now horrible term of "Pyramid marketing". By that I don't necessarily mean setting up your own networking system, but working with one existent to sell your product.

Apparently Cable and Wireless even did this at one point in their preparatory phase.

Good luck!

11. Pickfo

Pickfo
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Hi,
    To get that kind of loyalty, of course, you'll have to deliver a superior product with terrific customer service. Social networking can't make bad coffee palatable or make your better performance, but it can spread the word quickly as you build a reputation for excellence.

12. Kay

Kay
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Very true and of course it can work both ways and spread a bad reputation just as fast if not faster than a good one. That's why you need to be 100% confident about your product offering or service and that it's the best it can be before you venture into social networking circles.

13. stone21

stone21
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I think Digital Media or Broadcasting is the best

Regards,
    Helen

14. InspiroHost

InspiroHost
    uix_expand uix_collapse

There is no one best marketing medium for everybody. Each of the listed medium can be the best depending on the business structure, the product and the target market. All of the above list can be used simultaneously depending on the promotional or marketing campaign structure of the company. The more exposure, the merrier. It also depends on the budget of the company.

15. Tech-chic

Tech-chic
    uix_expand uix_collapse

For me the best media to promote a business is Internet, the first that everybody does when we are looking for something is search in Internet....

16. kerbyremz

kerbyremz
    uix_expand uix_collapse

hello

Yes I agree on that. No questions about it.

17. jamerrk

jamerrk
    uix_expand uix_collapse

excuse me

Yes me too agree on that. Internet Marketing is the most effective way to advertise as of today.

18. GekiDan

GekiDan
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Internet marketing is one of the best way to do this.
    You can promote your site on various forums and websites that are related on your niche.
    If you want, you can create a Facebook fan page or Twitter account for your business so that you can interact with your visitors and they might be one of your future customers.

19. evenseasspasalon

evenseasspasalon
    uix_expand uix_collapse

best medium to promoting a business

there is lots of option to promoting a business.

search engine marketing best way nothing else my point of view.

20. arnilds

arnilds
    uix_expand uix_collapse

The best medium of promoting a business is electronic media. like adds on television and internet. create your business web site and promote it to entire internet.