which is the best for social network cloud or dedicated server?

Discussion in 'Web Hosting' started by harrythomas, Oct 30, 2015.

1. harrythomas

harrythomas
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Hello,

I have a website where people can post there images and share the blog just a social media. All the thing which is needed for social media is done but I am confused in dealing with the web hosting solution. It would be great if someone help me out while choosing the best web hosting solution for my website so that it would be easier for me to held out with the other thing

Thank you

2. BA

BA
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Community Leader
    Community Leader

If you are considering these options you must first determine how much web traffic you are getting per day. In determining this you can make an estimate of how much computing power you need. That's what all of the different solutions really come down to. Web server computing power and the performance of connection that the web server has to the internet.

Which one is the best? A dedicated server without any doubt. It is also the most expensive though. Think of it this way. If your site is currently getting only 50 visitors a day. A web server of any power level is doing nothing most of the time. Now if your site is getting 3000 - 4000 hits per day. Then a dedicated server would make more sense to handle all the requests efficiently.

You can always start smaller and scale up. Most companies make it very easy to increase your server resources with just a few mouse clicks.

• Like Like x 1
  3. harrythomas

harrythomas
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Thank you so much, I will think over it, but as it is a social network so there is not any specific count of visitor that I can tell. The count of visitors will be fluctuatingdaily, soI am confused inthe cloudonly because cloud is flexible and muchmore securethanthe other web hosting solution. Will it be nice if I go with cloud hosting rather than dedicated one?

4. Dewlance

Dewlance
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Cloud is just a marketing term, You can purchase VPS and If grow then upgrade your plan to higher plan.

If you cross highest plan then ask to your VPS company to move your VPS to dedicated server.

Cloud server is expensive then dedicated server so save money.

5. MacDID

MacDID
    uix_expand uix_collapse

As for reliable place to get dedicated servers, can recommend Pirateshosting.net and their hosting deals.
    They are powerful enough for your business applications to run fast and efficiently.

6. kaufenpreis

kaufenpreis
    uix_expand uix_collapse

When you're starting out a new SaaS project you generally have some minimal requirements. You'll need a web server and probably a database server. When you're just getting your application off the ground it will have a low amount of users that you hope to grow over time. The number of users will determine the load on your server and the server specs will determine how many users are too many. So where do you start? With a dedicated server or straight to a cloud server?

For startups I believe there are two broad approaches to building an application and the infrastructure to run it on:

A) - pessimistic - Build it quickly, get it out there, and validate the business before spending the time to engineer it for scaling.

B) - optimistic - Build it carefully, code for scalability, and launch it with the assumption that it must scale quickly.

With method A, your primary goal is to get the thing off the ground and hope that scaling becomes a concern. If you start to exhaust the resources on your initial server, you're probably gaining traction in the market. You can buy yourself some time by scaling vertically (adding more RAM, CPU power etc.) while you work on re-engineering your code for horizontal scaling.

With method B, you're sold on the viability of this product and you know it's going to be a hit. You believe that any hiccups in service would be more damaging than coming to market later. Therefore, you're going to spend the time to code the software for scalability up front and configure your infrastructure for growth.

7. Dewlance

Dewlance
    uix_expand uix_collapse

If your requirement is not high then you can try any small scale web hosting company. I like to use small hosting company instead of big company.