Which Is More Effective Video Marketing Or Article Submission?

Discussion in 'Internet Marketing' started by zotowatson, Aug 11, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. zotowatson

zotowatson
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Hello to everybody,

Which is more effective Video Marketing or Article Submission?

I am not sure if which of those above strategy is more effective doing SEO.

Please advice what is the best.

Thanks

2. Joseph.Shivell

Joseph.Shivell
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Community Leader
    Community Leader

Actually both have their uses, depending on the content. Articles can be both educational and informative, while videos have, by definition, a visual aspect that articles do not. Articles can include pictures, but pictures do not move. So, if you need to literally "illustrate" a certain concept, videos would be better, and would get more traffic, giving you more opportunities to have the video shared. Articles that do not need a visual aspect can still be distributed in the proper way, and can be shared by visitors as well.

3. Asher ross

Asher ross
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Community Liaison 1.0

I agree that both have to be used according to the type of the users. At times, the users want things to be explained or advertise by using the audio-visual medium. Some niche users are comfortable with reading so they prefer article submission. You have to do some market research about your audience and their preferences and then analyze what is best for your business. Studies have shown that Video Marketing is very engaging and highly effective also this trend is increasing day by day. At times, certain products or service can be better explained to the users with the help of video marketing.

4. Sparkster

Sparkster
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Why not combine them and do both together? Articles with supplemental videos are ranked higher than articles with no supplemental information. Additionally, videos with accompanying articles are higher ranked than videos with no supplemental information. Combine them and you have both!

5. pwarbi

pwarbi
    uix_expand uix_collapse

As others have already said, it's not a case of which one to use, what you need to do is combine the two and use both.

A lot of people look at the most successful way and just stick to that one, but in order to get as much traffic as possible, you have to target as many people as possible. While text based articles are probably the most popular, more and more people are wanting video aswell so why not cater for both?

6. SpikeTheLobster

SpikeTheLobster
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Neither, both, either.

Any marketing can be effective, but it depends on the content, not the medium. Video is a lot easier for the viewer to absorb than words, but it's a lot harder to get video right (IMHO). There are fewer pitfalls with content marketing, but if you do it wrong you can destroy your reputation and any chance of success.

If you've got a pro doing the work, I'd opt for video. It'll be more expensive, but it's easier to share, easier to absorb and has a better chance of going viral - and you can monetise it on YouTube for extra ROI. If the budget's out of reach for really good video, I'd go for written content - it's cheaper, and there are more people who can do it well.

Oh, and article submission - as in posting stuff on article directories and linking from them - is a bad idea these days, unless you're really careful.

• Like Like x 1
  7. Corzhens

Corzhens
    uix_expand uix_collapse

If you mean by video marketing is youtube, it would largely depend on the popularity of your channel. And if you are just starting up then you might as well turn to article submission for... wait a minute, you are talking of SEO for this? In that case, SEO means your site becomes first in the list of the search engine. I'm sorry but you got me a bit confused because what is it are you promoting, a site or a blog or a product?

8. Redd

Redd
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Both can work but article submission no longer is an effective because article directories no longer are a great source of traffic or quality backlinks. However if you can get your readers to share articles you post with their social media connections and bookmarking then yeah this would work as well as video marketing.

Great sites normally diversify the content posted to boast [visitor] engagement. So it's best to use both both video marketing and article marketing.

9. Patson

Patson
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I consider you should do the both the things simultaneously for instance article is king of the content, and it helps the users to find what they are looking for. But Video is something different as compare to article, With the help of videos users gets the deep knowledge of things like how to use it for.

10. hrishivardhan

hrishivardhan
    uix_expand uix_collapse

This depends on your type of business, you have not mention your business or what you want to promote on social sites?

11. Ethel M. Quesada

Ethel M. Quesada
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Articles and video submissions - both are different things and used extensively for online marketing. It depends on you which medium you find easy for you - are you a good writer or an avid video maker? Decide yourself.

• Like Like x 1
  12. zotowatson

zotowatson
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Thanks to all for their valuable suggestion, Please provide some high PR and high authority websites to submit articles.. Those articles are helpful and provides high quality back links to your website.

13. steveposter

steveposter
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Most of the reputable article submission sites now are not accepting anymore content and only few of them still accepting. I would prefer video marketing for most effective in reaching the targeted audience.

• Like Like x 1
  14. seemasingh

seemasingh
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Hi

it's Depends Your Business Type Video marketing and Article Marketing Best For Your Business ,Both Sites the targeted audience and Provide Most effective Traffic Your Website and Brand .

15. Jonathan_ht

Jonathan_ht
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Actually , Video marketing and Article both are important in online marketing.Its depends on your business which you want to promote.

16. MBA Trainer

MBA Trainer
    uix_expand uix_collapse

According to my knowledge and experience coming age is of video marketing. Google is also giving priority to the video marketing as compared to the article marketing

17. Alika Cooper

Alika Cooper
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Video marketing is a key business differentiator for web companies wanting to communicate effectively their product profile and benefits within the shortest possible time. Article marketing has become one of the most effective ways for people to make money online. It takes time, effort, and creativity to generate high-quality content and that’s why it’s in such high demand.
    But now Article submission doesn't remain effective like before because many reputable article submission sites now are not accepting any more content and Google search engine also doesn't give benefits to article submission like before.
    So i say must go for video marketing, Video creation is very helpful, valuable and compelling to your prospects and clients.

18. Jacob Conway

Jacob Conway
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I'm going to say that article submission is not really the answer these days. According to MOZ Articles hold no weight in SEO and most of the time you will see damages to your rankings in the SERP. If you are just looking for traffic and don't care about SEO then I would say 100% videos! But please make quality videos that help people to understand things clearly. If you produce 1 good video you can submit it to several video sites generating some qualified traffic to your page.

If you are talking SEO you are behind in your studies a tad

I would get a copy of Ultimate Guide to Link Building

The writer is the number 1 back-link dude on the planet and that's according to Matt Cutts who is the guy that controls the algorithm for Google.

I'd avoid article directories. They are not bad, but from a value standpoint, guest blogging has more potential. Either way you should be creating unique content. If you contact the bloggers prior to creating the material, then you can almost guarantee a spot on their blog by writing about what they want on their blog. It's always better to have people in place willing to "buy" your info before you spend time writing the article.

Justin Briggs uses a similar strategy for his info-graphics. He details his strategy here:

http://www.seomoz.org/webinars/effective-link-building

Stick with Videos but not as link building strategy just for targeted traffic.

19. Richard Johnson

Richard Johnson
    uix_expand uix_collapse

According to me, video marketing is more effective then article submission. If your video is unique and interesting then every one take a look, But reading a long content is more difficult.

20. Maryann Farrugia

Maryann Farrugia
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I'd rather say that video marketing is more effective than article submission. Why is that? In YouTube there are 4 billion+ viewers everyday we are talking about per day. We all know that there are many viral videos around, this proves that video marketing is very effective. I agree to Richard Johnson, the more the visual content is good and can relay the information well the more the marketing will be effective. Just for a sample our team made a partnership video and when you watch it you can see that the information is well elaborated.

Here is the vid - Maryann Farrugia and Telstra

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.