Which is more effective, SEO or B2B platform?

Discussion in 'Search Engine Optimization' started by sundopt, Mar 22, 2010.

1. sundopt

sundopt
    uix_expand uix_collapse

We have been one of the premium members of B2B platforms like Globalsouces , Made in China,Alibaba for many years,however it seems that we Suffer more than benefit due to the competition between really manufacturers and trading companies become more fierce. Actually the inquiries from the mentioned B2B platforms are shared by hundreds of suppliers at the same time, so the quality of the inquiry for the suppliers will be greatly reduced. In order to benefit, many suppliers have to lower down their price, however,we all know that the price of the products always related to the quality. If you are the buyer of Globalsouces , Made in China, or Alibaba, you may first feel lucky that you find a really favorable price among many suppliers after comparison, however on the other hand you may suffered. Because the cost of the same products are nearly the same, only these who offer the inferior products dare to quote you the incredible price.

As a professional LED lights manufacturer(sundopt.com), our products include LED bulbs,LED tube,LED spotlight, LED ceiling light,LED par lamp, LED panel light, LED wall sconce, ect., all these indoor lighting products are closely related to the safety and health of our users, so we always paying pay special attention to the quality of our products,even we have to face the fierce competition, we dare not risk to produce the inferior products. However ,as a company we have to make money to run. After a careful research ,we decide to establish our own website which is made strictly according to search engine and user friendly principles. We cut down the invests in B2B trading platform while pay special attention to our own website. We focus on the keyword search strategy while many of our key words have ranked the top of Google and other main stream search engines. Our customers can send the inquiry directly when find the right products they need, and we promise to reply no longer than 24 hours. Through this way ,we ensure the quality of our products while not hurt the benefits of our customers. so I think SEO is much effective than B2Bpalt form, and it is really beneficial for our manufacturers.

Do you agree with me, my friend?

2. dvduval

dvduval
    uix_expand uix_collapse

What I find common about suppliers on sites like Alibaba, including many businesses from China, is there is a big disconnect between production and developing sales distributors to create markers where none exist now.

So in this example you sell LED lights, and you may have good quality, and even a competitive price. Great, but are you working with people that sell these products? What is an example? If I want to start distributing your product, what do I need to do?

There is a lack of a sales package. There is no guide for the salesman. There are no case studies. It's just "Here's these LEDs we sell".

3. Fergal

Fergal
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Premium Member
    Premium Member

Welcome to Business Advice Forum sundopt and apologies that I missed your post first time round. I would say that being listed on a B2B portal could work hand in hand with your SEO strategy. Good SEO will bring traffic to your website through the search engines and being listed on the portal may provide a link back to your site. This link to your site will hopefully bring you some traffic and it should also help your SEO.

Many Western businesses are aware of Alibaba and will turn to them when they are looking for products to source from China. Whilst price is obviously an important factor, these businesses will have other concerns such as product quality, sales support and reliability of supply. Hence, they won't always necessarily go with the cheapest supplier. Not being listed on Alibaba could result in the loss of sales opportunities.

I'd strongly agree with the excellent points made by dvduval. You need to be ready to respond to any contacts you receive through your website. You need to have systems in place so that you are ready to sell to Western resellers and that you make it easy for them to buy from you and do business with you.

You might also find some of the tips in this other thread (started by another business in China) helpful - How do I find overseas customers for toner cartridges? It discusses some sales and marketing ideas that may also be useful to your business.

Good luck with everything and please do post back with your thoughts.

4. laaronblase

laaronblase
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I think SEO is more effective. It is long process but this is the really effective process.

5. sigma

sigma
    uix_expand uix_collapse

SEO is good to get targeted traffic but for the company, it is always be better to use PPC advertising than SEO. The reason is because SEO need long time develop to get good traffic and it required time to time developing, it is good if the company itself has some SEO personal or they pay for the SEO company, else better go for PPC advertising.

For the B2B, it is still good especially for the local market. You still need to compare the result and allocate the investment. We cant say which is better, need to get data to analyse the result

6. CollinHoward

CollinHoward
    uix_expand uix_collapse

There is also a B2B SEO so the mixture of SEO and B2B makes the B2B SEO.Both are very important and depends upon each other that's why both makes a B2B SEO.

7. luiscorby

luiscorby
    uix_expand uix_collapse

SEO is most effective way to build link. it's help you to gain top rank on search engine. After completing the link building process you can see how your site reach top of the page where your competator reach. If your keyword is low competative then you can manage the faster rank on the google. The competative keyword affact the process of SEO.

8. WilliamHenry

WilliamHenry
    uix_expand uix_collapse

SEO will certanly give returns whether you business model is B2B or B2C. B2B has certain advantages interms of competition, traget audience and conversions.

9. simonedrich11

simonedrich11
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I think SEO is more effectmive process. As SEO target various types of search, like image search, local search, video search and industry-specific vertical search engines. This more inexpensive method is often slow and new web sites may take up to a year to get civilized rankings in Google.

10. domminic59

domminic59
    uix_expand uix_collapse

compare then to the timing guys.. the effect is there with the SEO no doubt.. but the time counts to the end..!!
    ;)

#10 domminic59, May 21, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: May 21, 2010
  11. brownnataly21

brownnataly21
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I still support SEO and it has proved that it works and can help in promoting services and products, althought you should work hard to get some results, but it's like everywhere else in this world.

12. sundopt

sundopt
    uix_expand uix_collapse

we now making a comparison between SEO and B2B maketplace, and i will tell you the results later.

13. john63

john63
    uix_expand uix_collapse

SEO is a very tough nut to crack. The very reason that google displays the top 10 websites on the first page means there can only be 10 winners - and in a lot of cases nobody goes down as far as 6,7,8,9 & 10. So one can spent a lot of time on seo with the slim possibility of getting results - unless of course your in the top 5 - 10 in the list. If you think about how many compeitiors you have in you country - it will put this into perspective.

John McClean

14. petdirect4u

petdirect4u
    uix_expand uix_collapse

seo,I think.

It depends on what kind of product you supply,where and how people usually search for it.

15. lizatailor23

lizatailor23
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Re:

SEO over those B2B referral sites you mentioned. SEO is an investment in your future.