which is a famouse website for select the domain name?

Discussion in 'Website Development & Design' started by jorden.william85, May 9, 2011.

1. jorden.william85

jorden.william85
    uix_expand uix_collapse

i have register a new domain hence which is a website for selecting a best domain name??????

2. iverson

iverson
    uix_expand uix_collapse

name.com, godaddy.com

3. Fergal

Fergal
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Premium Member
    Premium Member

If you are looking for sites that suggest domain names to you, you can find some great ones in the Business / Domain Name Suggestion Tools section of our Useful Online Business Resources thread.

4. xanderlangley

xanderlangley
    uix_expand uix_collapse

You can choose domain names from who.is

5. sigma

sigma
    uix_expand uix_collapse

suggest godaddy or namecheap. By the way, always googling for the coupon code before you paste order, it can save some money

6. electroman

electroman
    uix_expand uix_collapse

If you want a cheap one, then go for namecheap or godaddy. If you want a 1st class Quality Domain, Go for NetworkSolutions

7. Fergal

Fergal
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Premium Member
    Premium Member

How is a domain from NetworkSolutions a better quality domain than a domain from NameCheap?

8. Casey

Casey
    uix_expand uix_collapse

good point Fergal. Network Solutions doesn't provide "better" domains, just the customer assistance may be a little better. Personally, I use godaddy.

9. electroman

electroman
    uix_expand uix_collapse

It is, because NetworkSolutions' prices are higher, it gets better SEO, buy a domain from Namecheap and one from NetworkSolutions, add the same content to both of them! The one with networksolutions will get better SEO! most of the search engine's bots go around Domains bought from a better quality/costly domain faster than those which are bought cheaper! I can't correctly put all these into words but it is true! believe it! Even Facebook was bought from network solutions and if you have seen the Social Network movie, Mark Zuckerberg becomes a business partner with one of his friend to buy the costly domain from network solutions! while he could buy the cheaper domain himself!

10. Fergal

Fergal
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Premium Member
    Premium Member

Do you have a link with further info on that? I've never heard that before and I can't think of any reason why search engines would give greater rankings to a site on a domain purchased from a more expensive registrar.

Perhaps you are referring to potential advantages that can be obtained from purchasing a high quality domain that is already registered?

11. electroman

electroman
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I am not talking about a domain name that is already registered and sorry i cant find any suitable links on the internet, a friend told me about this with his personal experience!

12. markbrown

markbrown
    uix_expand uix_collapse

If you are looking for cheap go through 1&1 .This is a popular site for cheap domain registration and hosting.

13. SkewIt

SkewIt
    uix_expand uix_collapse

In my two years of studying internet marketing, this is the first time I've heard this. I would say that the majority of internet marketers I know use GoDaddy or NameCheap or some other reputable registrars other than NetworkSolutions. I've ranked pages at #1 that I've bought from NameCheap, and have not ranked one that I bought from NetworkSolutions (but yes, there are a lot of other factors involved).
    If you do a search online for this question, the general consensus seems to be "GoDaddy, Namecheap, BlueHost, Networksolutions, fill in another reputable one here? It does not matter"

• Like Like x 1
  14. electroman

electroman
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Maybe it doesnt matter with reputable ones like godaddy and name cheap, but there are some like mitsu.in which gives extremely cheap domain names! what about them? Also, i found a new one named internet.bs, is it good?

15. Fergal

Fergal
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Premium Member
    Premium Member

electroman the search engines don't consider how much you paid for your domain, when evaluating how highly they rank your site for certain keywords.