Which domain name extension provides a better quality back link?

Discussion in 'Search Engine Optimization' started by ShaneMark, Feb 8, 2013.

1. ShaneMark

ShaneMark
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Hello Friend I want to purchas domain name for my website host. Anybody can explain which domain (.com , .info, .biz) is best for my website.

2. jackjohan7299

jackjohan7299
    uix_expand uix_collapse

.com is best for website.

3. Rocky

Rocky
    uix_expand uix_collapse

What kind of website do you intend to have? .com is usually considered the best tld.

4. philipdeeley

philipdeeley
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Its depend on your location and type of website. If you live in USA and want to promote you business worldwide then go for .com. If you have informative site then choose .info extension.

5. Fergal

Fergal
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Premium Member
    Premium Member

My preference has always been for dot com domains. When people hear a site name and go to visit it from their browser, a certain proportion of them will type in the name followed by the .com extension. It is the mostly widely known extension on the web.

6. Randy McKown

Randy McKown
    uix_expand uix_collapse

its always nice to have the .com for your site or the appropriate country simply because of the number of those who will assume it to be that. You might not choose to promote it over another though .. for example a video focused site might want to promote a .tv over their .com for branding purposes.

7. pete.mcal

pete.mcal
    uix_expand uix_collapse

.com .org and .net hold roughly the same value. Smaller and cheaper extensions such as .info were penalised in the EMD Google update last year due to the amount of "spammy" marketers using these.

8. BrettRko

BrettRko
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Please go with a .com if at all possible. I tried going the cheap route with other extensions (.info, .biz), and ended up having to work two to three times as hard to get it to rank.

9. Jay.

Jay.
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Whenever possible, go for a .com (there's a reason people pay more for top-quality .com's than any other tld).

Not only is it considered the best tld by most people, it should help you in the rankings. In my opinion it's the most professional and should always be your first choice (although if it's taken other tld's can work depending on your business).

The exception to this would be if your website is only for a certain country, in which case registering the corresponding country tld could be your best bet.