Which Development Language is better?

Discussion in 'Website Development & Design' started by Mark.Sanchez, Feb 8, 2012.

1. Mark.Sanchez

Mark.Sanchez
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I have to make a website but fear due to errors. Need suggestion in this regard!

2. Dean

Dean
    uix_expand uix_collapse

There is no one language better than another. If you are worried that you will make mistakes, perhaps you would be better going for a CMS such as Joomla! or even Wordpress. They are fairly easy to set up and combine PHP and HTML with an SQL database, so you have all the languages you need without having to worry.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Fergal

Fergal
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Premium Member
    Premium Member

If you want to learn a development language you should start with HTML. It forms the basis of all websites, it is relatively easy to learn and it is an important foundation if you want to move on to other languages such as JavaScript or PHP.

4. Shahrier

Shahrier
    uix_expand uix_collapse

To start off learning how to design web pages, I suggest you start learning HTML and CSS. They are very easy. Move on to Javascript and simple PHP after you learn those. Then learn PHP and jQuery. Just keep moving up the ladder. As for the mistakes, no risk, no gain.

If you are making a web page for someone else, it is good to experiment and see what is the best fit. I don't see how an error is a problem as you could easily fix one.

• Like Like x 1
  5. Janechan

Janechan
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I prefer PHP.
    If PHP is used,we can choose a UNIX host,which is quite stable.

6. patrick0001

patrick0001
    uix_expand uix_collapse

It is depend on market trend and demand. 10 years ago flash is very demanding, all webmaster rush to learn action script and build a flash site. Now HTML5 and Jquery are take over animation effect.

When Windows server monopoly 99% server, most developer go for .net. Now the great improvement of linux technologies and open source code, php learner is keep increasing.

What next? Apple, android app are growing rapidly, anything information show in website, it can be a replace with apps. Some company skip setup a website and stay focus with facebook fan page. If all companies goes to fanpage or G+, learning development language become pointless.

• Like Like x 1
  7. Raptor

Raptor
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Yes, if you are new to coding, I would definitely start off with HTML and CSS. That, as stated above, is what most websites are based off. It is a very easy language to learn so it shouldn't take too long. I have barley looked at it and I know a fair amount about it.

8. andrea10

andrea10
    uix_expand uix_collapse

If you new for coding then you can start up with basic HTML then you can make it up to CSS. This is very simple way of creating website.
    But when I use to make any website related to Banks or something which need to be private from phishing attacks, then for security purpose I prefer to use Jsp and servlets. But for this we need to expert in JAVA.

9. Jashandeep

Jashandeep
    uix_expand uix_collapse

If its not much complex functionality application or website then go for PHP .Otherwise Java is best to solve complex problems.

10. Fergal

Fergal
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Premium Member
    Premium Member

I've recently started learning some Java, are you a Java programmer by any chance?

11. swizzle

swizzle
    uix_expand uix_collapse

PHP nowadays is the most popular option for web developers

12. michal26

michal26
    uix_expand uix_collapse

PHP,Asp.net And Java all are best.!!

13. Bliss Elliosn

Bliss Elliosn
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Yes, I would second to all above.
    No programming language is better than other. It all depends on your website functional specification. As all above have said that PHP is the most widely used language for web development.

But why are you scared of errors? Playing with errors is the part of a developer's life. Any piece of code or program can throw error / exceptions, you should deal with it, and shouldn't get afraid of.
    In fact they provide you a good chance to learn and polish your development skills. If you want to pursue your career in development, you should overcome this fear and shouldn't look for short cuts, as error in development is like study in school. :)

Hope it helps.

14. Matt Damon

Matt Damon
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I prefer You Php and Also Html.

15. Alan2011

Alan2011
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Of course if PHP because most of website now create by PHP .but if you want to create website you have to learn HTML , CSS and dreamwaver (software name )

16. Fergal

Fergal
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Premium Member
    Premium Member

Alan why do you include Dreamweaver in your list? Do you think that someone who is proficient in HTML, CSS and PHP could create quality websites without using a web editing software tool, such as Dreamweaver?

17. cesspadilla

cesspadilla
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I know this is not a question meant for me. But I'll answer it anyway. Well if you are a really good designer/developer you can create a page or even a website without using one. Although it will be a lot easier to use web editing tools such as Dreamweaver. You can also see what it will be like if you create or edit some codes. It also has a autocomplete thingy when you code so it will be much easier and faster.

18. Eugene24

Eugene24
    uix_expand uix_collapse

First you need to know what you want in result usual web page or strong web-site, sow languages will be different as PHP and HTML.

19. andrea10

andrea10
    uix_expand uix_collapse

But for Java Web application there should be perfect in coding, for servlets and Jsp, Programmer should have cleared Java basics. Websites which are developed through Java get security for phishing attacks and hacking but it is that much tough work to develop perfect website using Java.

20. Bournemouth

Bournemouth
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Wordpress, Joomla, Drupal.. Get those and get them to do the hard work! and make a template for one you choose.