Which CMS would be best for sites like this?

Discussion in 'Website Development & Design' started by livayahurd, Dec 23, 2010.

1. livayahurd

livayahurd
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I am planning to start a website on outsourcing IT/ITES and BPO projects both for Organisations and Individuals. I have to collect the complete details of the work/project they are outsourcing and their complete contact details. I should do it separately for both clients and service providers. It should be easy to search through the database depending on predefined criteria. I should also be able to list the project details according to category and should be able to move easily to the completed projects once marked completed.

Can you suggest a CMS (with plugins) which will suit this need.

Thanks in Advance

2. Fergal

Fergal
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Premium Member
    Premium Member

livayahurd is a CMS the best options for your requirements, or would a Project Management system such as http://basecamphq.com/ work for you?

If you will be coordinating info with different people, could a forum system work?

3. livayahurd

livayahurd
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Nope, Not That Much. I think i made my requirement complicated, i will make it clear this time.

1. A Form to collect the details from clients and service providers separately. The database should have a search option (both with exact search terms like employees = 25 and range like employees > 25). The database should available online and should only be visible to me alone.
    2. I should be able to list the projects online and should be seen only by registered individuals.
    3. Once the projects are completed , I should be able to move it to the completed projects list.

Long back i used something like this, but I am unable to remember what it was!

4. livayahurd

livayahurd
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Anyone got a solution for this?

5. abi5684

abi5684
    uix_expand uix_collapse

You can use CMS's like Joomla, Drupal or Congrete 5. It would be very useful for your requirements.
    If you need any more help, please let me know - I can help you more in this..

6. livayahurd

livayahurd
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Can I use wordpress in this as case than the usual way of using like a blog? Joomla i tried it but it looks a bit hard to go with. It might be because I am used to wordpress.

I think I will try with Joomla again.

#6 livayahurd, Dec 24, 2010
    Last edited: Dec 24, 2010
  7. abi5684

abi5684
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Compared to Joomla, Wordpress is very very easy one. If the site is going to be a blog based then you can roll over with Worsdpress itself. Also there is one more option for easy adaptability which is Concrete 5 CMS. Its more more more easy than Joomla. I think you can give a try in this :)