Which CMS is better for a small-medium business?

Discussion in 'Website Development & Design' started by PaulLejoy, Feb 10, 2015.

1. PaulLejoy

PaulLejoy
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Which is better for a small-medium eCommerce business website: WordPress or Joomla?

2. natedigi

natedigi
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I can only advise on what I've used which is Wordpress, woocommerce. Easy to set up and so many themes available for ecommerce compared to Joomla. In fact Joomla is not that good for ecommerce. If you want an alternative to wordpress, better to use Drupal ecommerce than Joomla.

3. Adelina

Adelina
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Both are best at its own, it depends on your websites' need that what kind of website you want to set, what functionalities you want into your website. What kind of plugins or tools you want to use. WordPress needs a WooCommerce plugin to make eCommerce website and for Joomla you need to use Joomla extensions like joocommerce, Eshop, Hikashop etc for making your websites eCommerce.There is another way to set up your website, you may use theme generating software, TemplateToaster and design themes for all the major CMS like WordPress, Joomla, Magento, Drupal etc and install that theme on the respective content management system. For this you may visit its official website http://templatetoaster.com/

• Like Like x 1
  4. lillithomas

lillithomas
    uix_expand uix_collapse

WordPress is definitely the world's most popular CMS. The script is in its roots more of a blog than a typical CMS. For a while now it's been modernized and it got thousands of plugins, what made it more CMS-like.WordPress does not require PHP nor HTML knowledge un like Drupal, Joomla or Typo3. A pre installed plugin and template function allows them to be installed very easily. All you need to do is to choose a plugin or a template and click on it to install.

5. ellisthomas86

ellisthomas86
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Neither wordpress, nor Joomla are the best platform to build up a website for ecommerce. Rather magento is the tool that supports all the ecommerce stores. The clean and clarified tool to manage the ecommerce products is magento.

6. Euservr

Euservr
    uix_expand uix_collapse

What type of site you want to run?

7. Kevin Peter

Kevin Peter
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Banned

Wordpress definitely is the best go for any small business venture up. They can get the site up and running in about 4 hours timeline, with many free templates to choose from. Decide on the website layout and page navigation with good content and live pictures. Anyone without the knowledge of HTML or CSS can easily build their web pages by just playing around with the user friendly interface of Wordpress.

But for eCommerce I prefer Magento as this is the proven platform.

8. BODHost

BODHost
    uix_expand uix_collapse

To build e-commerce store with WordPress + woocommerce one must have a good knowledge of HTML at least otherwise the person will end up with wordpress being fool’s gold. Magneto is definitely a proven platform for e-commerce site, but then you must have a good deep pocket. :)

9. kaufenpreis

kaufenpreis
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I have several simple web stores and I use WP. It's easy to use, also you can do any customization you need.
    WP suits perfectly for simple web sites.

10. somyasharma

somyasharma
    uix_expand uix_collapse

No Doubt Wordpress

Wordpress is a great CMS for any small business. It is an easy and blogging platform with lots of free themes and plugins. Also, easy to manageable and less issues to create effective website design. :):):):)

11. daviddakari

daviddakari
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I would recommend Wordpress because it is strong and broad community. You can find anything you want.

12. alastairbrian

alastairbrian
    uix_expand uix_collapse

WordPress is not specially designed as an eCommerce shopping cart. To make it workable, you might have to do a lot of work. For small-medium business, I think PrestaShop is best. Easy to setup and install, even you don't need to purchase hosting. As PrestaShop provides free hosting.

13. zeropid

zeropid
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Any of these are acceptable. I believe WP would be easier to deploy for a beginner

14. BODHost

BODHost
    uix_expand uix_collapse

PrestaShop provides free hosting? I didn’t know about that; I haven’t seen such type of info on their website.

Regards,
    Paul

15. alicejohn

alicejohn
    uix_expand uix_collapse

WordPress is safe and secure enough to trust with their e-commerce business.If you build your your e-commerce website with WordPress, it’ll be yours to take care of. The plugins and themes you use will be secure, but there’s a large part of maintenance that you need to take care of . when you use WordPress, you get the opportunity to customize your site according to however you like. If you use a hosted platform, like Shopify that lets you build an e-commerce store on their platform, you will be less concerned about the maintenance and security of your site.

16. sophiemccallum

sophiemccallum
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I suggest you to use WordPress CMS .

17. tahirits

tahirits
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I prefer Wordpress it is free and better ..