Where to open a Bank account for a Delaware LLC ?

Discussion in 'Starting a Business' started by RadicalActivity, Sep 3, 2013.

1. RadicalActivity

RadicalActivity
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Hello,

I have recently formed an LLC in Delaware (US), for my online activities. However I'm living outside of the US (in Poland). My recent LLC does not have a Bank account yet, so I'm looking to open a Bank account somewhere. I have heard that opening Bank accounts for Delaware LLC is not an easy thing to do.

Can someone advise me, where do people usually open Bank accounts if they have a Delaware LLC and they are not living in the States? I have not found any discussion related to this question, this is why I'd like to ask you guys, maybe some of you have experience with this.

Any help would be really appricaited!

Thank you in advance,
    RadicalActivity

2. Fergal

Fergal
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Premium Member
    Premium Member

Welcome to Business Advice Forum RadicalActivity and thanks for posting your business questions. I'm based in Ireland, so am not familiar with the procedures for opening bank accounts in the US. Have you tried simply contacting a couple of banks in Delaware and asking them how you can open an account with their bank?

3. RadicalActivity

RadicalActivity
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Hi Fergal,

Thank you for your reply! Basically I would like to open the bank account in almost anywhere (where it's safe) I'm not sticked to the States. I have also read something about offshore countries, like Panama, the Bahamas, etc which has great opportunities to open a bank account. I don't know so much about opening a bank account for an LLC this is why I have asked you guys. I'll defintely contact some banks in Delaware as you suggested Fergal, however I'm open to other opportunities, which are not US based.

Thanks.

4. Fergal

Fergal
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Premium Member
    Premium Member

Would it not be easiest for you to do it in Poland? Is there a reason why you wouldn't open it there?