Where to get webhosting?

Discussion in 'Web Hosting' started by James Greg, Jul 25, 2012.

1. James Greg

James Greg
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Hi, I was wondering if any of you could suggest me a good place to have my website hosted. I have tried looking at godaddy.com but seriously, I couldn't understand a thing they say. Maybe it is because I don't know a thing about website hosting. I want to start a new website and I want to know all that I need to have it activated.

2. Fergal

Fergal
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Premium Member
    Premium Member

James are you looking for hosting for just one site? Do you need a very large hosting plan such as a reseller account or a dedicated server, or will shared hosting meet your needs. I'd suggest you have a look at HostGator.com.

3. SeanFace101

SeanFace101
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I would reccomend using HostGator.com.
    I have been using them to host both of my forums & for a website i had a little while ago.
    I havent had any problems with them, anytime i had to do something i wasnt sure about, the live support from they was great.
    I wouldnt reccomend using GoDaddy for hosting, that said i havent used them myself, my thoughts on them are purely from seeing lots of bad feedback about them on forums, etc..
    I havent heard any problems about using them to register domains, but there hosting seems not to be the best based on what others say.

4. Fergal

Fergal
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Premium Member
    Premium Member

I have never used GoDaddy for hosting, but I have started moving all my domains away from them because their site is so user-unfriendly when it comes to managing and renewing your domains. The amount of upselling they do, makes it anything but a pleasure to use their service. Not sure whether or not they do anything similar with their hosting plans, but I for one don't intend to find out.

Saying all that I admire what Bob Parsons has achieved with the GoDaddy business and how he has built it up to such a high level of success.

5. Choice Checks

Choice Checks
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Go daddy has been changing where it was very good and now its getting harder to do business with them. Network solutions is good for my other sites and havent had any problems with them. They do send out notifications out early before your domain expires or need to renew it.

6. James Greg

James Greg
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I want to host a website for providing content writing services, so I don't think I'll need a dedicated server in the start. It seems the majority is against godaddy. Hostgator seems a good option and the rates are also affordable. One more thing. I read earlier in a thread here that if you have your site hosted from US or UK it ranks better in US or UK Google.

7. shafim

shafim
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I have a friend that used godaddy and needed some help- based on my experience helping him I would say STAY AWAY from godaddy! The service they offer is not good. Their fee (at the time anyway) only included 5 pages of content, it was not user friendly (I think they rely on implementing a switching cost for their users because of the time a user needs to invest in just understanding their site layout)... not good.

I have used Bluehost for 2 years and they offer easy to navigate system, at an affordable price. There are no limits on the number of websites you can run on one account and there are no space restrictions. I run 20 sites on 1 account and have only had an issue one time in 2 years, and the issue was only for about 4 hours. They offer a ton of programs for a newbie that doesn't know much about development and design (which is where I started) then as you learn you can completely come off of CMS and do your own php or html. If you have specific questions, let me know. I also have noticed that hostgator has a pretty solid marketshare, so I'm guessing their service is great, but I have not used them.

• Like Like x 2
  8. StarkSEM

StarkSEM
    uix_expand uix_collapse

My experience sides with HostGator.com as well. I used Bluehost, and I just didn't care for their support system as much as HostGator. Besides, who wouldn't want to see a gator everytime you log in to access your account or have to spend some time with the support team?

9. Alexishost

Alexishost
    uix_expand uix_collapse

As far as I understand, your sites will be ranked by the web surver country. Example, if visitor from germany, and your sites are hosted in germany, it will be ranked higher

10. BAFHarvest

BAFHarvest
    uix_expand uix_collapse

i have tried this site and it is very easy and user-friendly. please do try this.
    http://x10hosting.com/
    this is the best so far. :)

11. Raj000

Raj000
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Hi,

It depends what your usage will be. If you need a basic site but need a solution that provides very good emailing for small and medium business, then use the Yahoo small business hosting.

For our needs, since we are a web solution provider we use bluehost.com for websites that need Ecommerce, blogs etc , i.e. anything requiring a database and some coding. They have some great advanced features for dynamic database driven websites.

Our own website is hosted on bluehost.

Take care

• Like Like x 1
  12. Laura7

Laura7
    uix_expand uix_collapse

godaddy or hostgator i guess...

13. leematagore

leematagore
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Website creation redefined and simplified not to forget at the lowest cost ever. Now you can build your own personal or business website..,

14. mynicole

mynicole
    uix_expand uix_collapse

There are lots of web hosting companies in the net it would be very difficult to choose the best, try to go here blingpp.com/review/benefits-of-web-hosting-in-hostgator/ so you could pick the best hosting company for your business.

15. Lisbon123

Lisbon123
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Hi Guys,

Thakar Infotech & Automations) tiainterweb.net provide cheap and best web hosting services...

16. remonray

remonray
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I vote to Hostgator if you are going for paid hosting or if you want to test your site only for some time to see the activities you may try x10hosting.com or serversfree.com for free host.

17. Jay

Jay
    uix_expand uix_collapse

To be quite honest, I've used Empire Hostings for most of my website ventures. I have received no problems from them whatsoever, they have great uptime and the support is unbelievable. You get the same-day support response to any ticket created and they really do know what their doing. Best part is, the prices are reasonable and affordable. :)

18. pollack

pollack
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I strongly recommended 9cubehosting.com is provide me best best hosting. they provide full of Linux based hosting. web hosting start at $2.63/mo.there i got lot of unlimited offers like data space, E-mails, etc . visit that ...

19. williamwain

williamwain
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I recommend you VPS-server-hosting.in, one of the most reliable and affordable Web hosting provider in India, offering best web hosting packages.

20. sghosting

sghosting
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Go for the cheapest as upgrade as you grow bigger. There are hosting services offering packages for as low as $1 per month. Once your website starts generating steady income upgrade your account to better features. Read below .