Where to find talented web developer for your startup?

Discussion in 'Website Development & Design' started by Hazel, Jul 18, 2013.

1. Hazel

Hazel
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I am still searching for a good web developer. Not able to find anyone so far... Where to find talented web developer for your startup?

I am looking for contractor. work remotely also can.
    web design all completed for Front end and Back end both. Even the database table also i got did. But i am not able to find a Good web developer, because maybe i am searching in wrong places. where i need to find the Good web developer??

#1 Hazel, Jul 18, 2013
    Last edited: Jul 18, 2013
  2. Fergal

Fergal
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Premium Member
    Premium Member

Hazel are you seeking a full time employee, or a contractor? Where would the developer be based, which country or state?

3. Hazel

Hazel
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I am Looking for a contractor. the developer can work remotely, no problem for me.

4. beartheweak

beartheweak
    uix_expand uix_collapse

You can try ODesk. But I will warn you that you will only get exactly what you specify. You need to be pretty specific and detailed. If you want a textbox to be 300 pixels wide, then you better put it in the specs.

If you're not able to pay decently and/or have a very small project, developers won't want to bother. Being a web developer, I have people coming to me all the time offering me partnerships in a business idea that they have. Developers are a rare commodity and the smarter ones will not work in exchange for share-holding. If you're serious about your startup, then I recommend attaining a large sum of capital and find a single web developer that is self-employed. Try to get him to discount his prices in exchange for a higher "percentage" of the company ownership as much as possible.

As far as finding good, talented web developers, you need to have really good money. There is a high demand for developers. I updated my resume on Monster a few weeks ago, and within only two days I had dozens of voicemails and emails for opportunities.

On the other hand, you could try outsourcing to India, China, or even Mexico now. You can get them for 1/4 or 1/3 of the rate of one in America. However, in my experience of working with these companies, they provide bad communication, are difficult to work with, and ask way too many questions (possibly in an attempt to increase the number of hours of work they can report).

• Like Like x 1
  5. Hazel

Hazel
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I don't want hire people in Odesk, since alot of bar reviews there. I am Looking for a contractor. the developer can work remotely

6. elainemaria

elainemaria
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Best Web Developers

If you are looking for web developer for your start up your business or lead generating from a website. you need some of best website development companies to fulfill your business requirement. so collect the reviews from web or friends to design or develop a website.

7. Fergal

Fergal
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Premium Member
    Premium Member

Hazel, you can view links to freelance sites in our Useful Online Business Resources thread. There are lots of great developers on those sites. Why is it do you think you are having difficulty finding a good developer? Are you prepared to pay the rates they are asking?

• Like Like x 1
  8. OlegLola

OlegLola
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Premium Member
    Premium Member

Hi Hazel!
    I also advise you to work with a company, because it's much more trustworthy and you can receive much better results from the team of professionals.

• Like Like x 1
  9. altcom

altcom
    uix_expand uix_collapse

You may try on Linked In and skill pages, alternatively you hunt a candidate through Stack Overflow or Github; there are developers who constantly contribute to the community.

10. carloborja

carloborja
    uix_expand uix_collapse

This is an awesome comprehensive list! Very useful!

From what Fergal shared, I could filter out the ones you would need to these sites (for contract work):
    http://www.odesk.com/
    http://www.freelancer.com/
    http://www.elance.com

You mentioned you encountered bad reviews of oDesk before. I would say there is definitely a chance you would end up with the not so good freelancers out there. It would take some 'investigative' work to filter them out. There are a lot of success stories out of these contract sites. I'm sure if you end up with a good one you are good to go.

On another note, you may also want to consider someone who could do full time work remotely on sites like:
    https://www.staff.com

Based on my experience and with the people I talk to on a regular basis, usually it is more advantageous to hire a developer for the long term. At some point, you may want to make some changes and updates that only the original developer can work on. Doing these changes can be a bit difficult when you juggle on from contract worker to contract worker.

That is just my 2 cents from all the outsourcing stuff we've done in the past. I hope in any way that helped you out.

• Like Like x 3
  11. zeropid

zeropid
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Well, I suppose freelance websites would be nice option for you. You can find lots of professionals at freelance websites and see their previous works

12. chipper

chipper
    uix_expand uix_collapse

i can develop your site. i'll throw in free 6 months hosting with it.

let me know. here is my portfolio

that's also my hosting company.

13. singhabhishek251

singhabhishek251
    uix_expand uix_collapse

It is always better to work with a company rather that working with freelancers as they may not have more dedication for a single work, I have seen many freelancers taking-up a lot of work even they are not free enough. You can search for website design in any city in Google or I may also help you to choose one as I know many website developers who can work for your website.

14. SerhiyKuchma

SerhiyKuchma
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Hey, If you think to work with good web developers with big experience. We are web development team in Ukraine and ready to work. You can contact me for more details.