Where to buy Dulse - www.dulseonline.co.uk

Discussion in 'Website & Graphic Reviews' started by mv5869, Jun 14, 2010.

1. mv5869

mv5869
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I was brought up holidaying every summer in Donegal on the West Coast of Ireland. One of the things I used to most look forward to was going to the sea on a full moon and collecting Dulse (or Dillisk as they call it in Donegal) from the rocks, drying it and then eating it. I am addicted to the stuff.

Fergal - you might know what I am talking about?

Now I live in the UK I have struggled to find where to pick it, so set up a site with some information and recipes.

Buy Dulse Online (http://www.dulseonline.co.uk/).

I would love feedback on:
    • Overall look and feel
    • Navigation
    • What else would you find useful on the site

Many thanks for any suggestions guys

2. Fergal

Fergal
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Premium Member
    Premium Member

mv5869 the site looks great and I hope it becomes profitable for you. The design looks professional and it is certainly user-friendly. What is your objective for the site - do you plan on actually selling the products from it or will you generate revenue through advertising?

I recently heard a lady on national radio talking about the excellent taste and health benefits of eating these type of products, so there might be good opportunities in this area. If I remember correctly, she had written a book on how to collect and cook sea vegetables. You might also be able to generate some revenue by promoting books like that on your site, using Amazon's affiliate program.

Does the site use WordPress?

3. mv5869

mv5869
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Hi Fergal. Thanks for your comments and encouragement. Yes, the site uses Wordpress. I’ve recently started using it and am now a huge fan. I wish I’d started earlier. I can now create a whole website and monetise it in a tiny fraction of the time it used to when I used Dreamweaver and html.

The aim is to sell Dulse directly to the public (via an affiliate deal – I don’t want to have to handle the postage, fulfilment etc). I haven’t found anyone that will do an affiliate deal yet, so for now have put some adsense on there to see if I can monetise it that way. Do you think it is too advert-heavy?

Next step is to add some more recipes.