where do i need to start...

Discussion in 'Starting a Business' started by joelove, Apr 2, 2013.

1. joelove

joelove
    uix_expand uix_collapse

hello..

Im new here.. was searching in google for some business advise and ended up here. Im from chennai , India. looking forward to start a export business on poultry products. where should i start. how to establish in this competitive world. seriously I lost everything in my life and i want to start fresh and prove myself. (not that i lost in business but in my personal life) . in this scenario i came to know about export business and have learned india is one of the leading exporters of poultry . so where should i exactly start. M 25 years old and willing to work hard. One of my uncle knows the dealers who have poultry farm in a village. and they supply for many hotels and retailers in coimbatore . My biggest worry is how will i grab orders? how will i get international orders? . have no qlue . please advise on my issue. thanks :)

2. TimeRider

TimeRider
    uix_expand uix_collapse

joelove: Welcome to BAF! Well, I want to ask you some questions, Do you own a poultry farm? or You want to buy products from a poultry farm and export it?

Anyways, I do suggest you to have or own a poultry farm. It ill be easy to get things started when you own something. But If you want to buy products from farms and resell it. It can be a little bit difficult. You may need to go door to door in your area or wherever you can for your products.

I personally thing you should get a poultry farm or tell your Uncle to get you one in rent. So, you can get things started on your own. You can promote it through pamplets in cities. In your area or where there are much people, you can have wall posters. Also, tell your family or friends to spread words about your Business.

To grab order, I think you personally need to go to those hotels which import poultry products. You can tell how good or best your product is and you can accommodate the price with some discounts at first. Later you can increase your price if people like your quality. Work on the quality or you can use the numbers game ;)

All you need is to work on by yourself. Get help or ask suggestions from the people who had poultry farms. Don't just rely on others. Get started and you can sort out things later.

• Like Like x 2
  3. Biz

Biz
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Welcome!

That sounds like a grand idea. Like devilbatista suggested, having a farm yourself might be the best, but that's a big plan by itself. Even buying products and exporting them involves complicated processes, such as domestic and foreign food regulations, and yes, how to get orders.

You are quite young and seem like not having experienced a business of this sort. Instead of starting out by your own with such a grand idea, I would suggest you starting by working with an experienced business in this industry first to gain first hand knowledge and skills, while solidify the idea/plans of your own business.

• Like Like x 2
  4. Rocky

Rocky
    uix_expand uix_collapse

What i would suggest is you begin with working with the dealer your uncle knows then start your business locally and get a knack of the business and then gradually move to exporting the products. That way you would be more comfortable handling the business and convincing international buyers about your products.

5. 2misi.com

2misi.com
    uix_expand uix_collapse

The primary key, if you want to get into the international market you can try conducting*marketing through social media or directories. But, before you go into the international market it helps if you prepare your product uniquely and place them at low prices so as not to compete.

6. Haward

Haward
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Dear it is not so much easy to start busienss. For this purpose you need to do some work like preparation and make all necessary arrangment of it.
    Arrange capital,
    Select location,
    Increase marketing,
    Make plan for marketing,
    Analyze current market situation.

7. surge

surge
    uix_expand uix_collapse

For international export business, you will have to do a lot of legal process. I am not sure but what about customs and delivery process? So you will have to get information about that too. Also in India there are several Import Export specialized banks, i am not sure how they operate and what they do, but by its name it seems that they are into import/export business related financial services. The best way to get all the information you want would be to go to a good company registration firm, those guys must have had a client similar to you so they can guide you and even do all the paperwork for you. But you will need a lot of capital funds for that, so i hope you have saved enough.

8. LordRoco

LordRoco
    uix_expand uix_collapse

For international orders, instead of making a direct entry into the outer world, you can start by local hotels that has international chains. Once you grab the local orders and convince them of their product, it would be easy for you to extend your services internationally. You'll get a good head start on that way. Further, there is a Poultry assistance board in New Delhi where you can receive the necessary assistance

9. alok897

alok897
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Start to making your presence on internet is best option such as indirectly here you are delivering your business idea find out some online website that is related to your business and listing yourself on B2B website that help to generate lead for business and from there you have also chance to get some dealers that help to export your business.

10. magician661

magician661
    uix_expand uix_collapse

“Businesses, like babies and books, need nurturing, time, energy, love, planning and, yes, money to develop, grow and prosper.”
    ― Rachael Bermingham

11. clydefreeman

clydefreeman
    uix_expand uix_collapse

The best thing you need to do is own first a poultry and make it grow and then if you are planning to export try to make a statistical research on the market you are going to in.

12. Forrester080

Forrester080
    uix_expand uix_collapse

You should contact the local trader or travel to area at the borderlines of China and other countries, there should be a gate somewhere for your business. However you have to make sure that your products are free of flu... H5N9, etc.

13. VenomSevers

VenomSevers
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Sounds like some people posted some great idea, the farm one is a great one. I also suggest it.

14. russellmark85

russellmark85
    uix_expand uix_collapse

That's good suggestion for new business started

15. Charlesutton

Charlesutton
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Hello, joelove. You already have the right attitude, now you need persevance. I'm a young entrepreneur and I work part time while growing my business incrementally. I get expertise in my preferred entreprenurial industry while still paying bills. Suggestions of working while developing your industry expertise are good.

16. jeff123

jeff123
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I think you should contact those dealers (your Uncle's contacts) and understand the business properly... You can also join them for 1-2 months and learn in and outs of the business...Once you get a better idea about the business, then you can plan your own business... Atleast some risk would be reduced...