where did you show your portfolio?

Discussion in 'Business Ideas' started by Pluta, Apr 5, 2010.

1. Pluta

Pluta
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Hello everyone, I'm new here on this forum and need some help and advice. I'm sick of working for others and want to start working for myself. My idea would be to work on projects for freelance jobs. I've been looking for advertise my portfolio online. I added to getafrelancer.com and freelanceidol.com, I know its not a lot but still.

Any ideas of online showcase?

------ more detail ------
    I prefer to work as a web developer, web designer, consultant. ^_^

#1 Pluta, Apr 5, 2010
    Last edited: Apr 5, 2010
  2. Fergal

Fergal
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Premium Member
    Premium Member

Welcome to Business Advice Forum Pluta. What type of service do you provide? Do you have a website or blog?

If you can please give us a little more info, we can give you more helpful suggestions.

3. daytrader

daytrader
    uix_expand uix_collapse

you can create your own site for you portfolio some graphic artist create their page in deviantart.

4. newbie09

newbie09
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Have you tried related forums such as webdesignerforum.co.uk. They have a looking to hire section as well.

5. KipFXDesign

KipFXDesign
    uix_expand uix_collapse

For starters (and this may sound harsh) you need to produce your own website, and it needs to reflect your skill and ability, you also have to make the somewhat difficult decision of realising if you are a web design or web developer, make no bones, there is a huge difference, listing on the freelancer sites may earn you a few pound here and there, but the income comes from being top pf google with a site that makes customers think 'wow, I want one'

If you cannot do that, you need to rethink and keep thinking until you know how to, because that is what your clients want, if your site isnt doing it, neither will theirs!

Hope this helps

6. ronalde.barron

ronalde.barron
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I prefer you to design a website for your own and mention all your skills you have.

In my portfolio i prefer mentioning my best skill, i.e.
    Network Administrator
    IT Consultant

7. stevebarnard

stevebarnard
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Hi Pluta,

It’s good to hear that you’re starting to work for yourself. Working for yourself has lots of benefits like working on your own time, 100% lucrative earnings and is good overall to build your knowledge and skills. My friends are working as web designers and they are registered in servana.com and craiglist.com.

These resources get you connected with many SMB owners and corporate persons. They provide a large number of projects for self employed persons.

8. c975a23

c975a23
    uix_expand uix_collapse

DeviantArt is a good option for showing your work in different categories (like corporate, branding, photography, etc)