Where can we get wholesale clothing to "relabel" with our own brand?

Discussion in 'Growing and Managing a Business' started by Vtblaze, May 13, 2010.

1. Vtblaze

Vtblaze
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I am helping a clothing designer set up a website to sell original designs, but we also want to be able to sell items that aren't made by the designer, (ie, children's tees and onsies) with the same label as the online store. Where can we purchase wholesale items like these that are intended to be relabeled? Since this is a small operation, we aren't in a position to contract with an exclusive manufacturer. Any ideas on how to go about this?

Thanks,

vtblaze

2. sigma

sigma
    uix_expand uix_collapse

You can get it from alibaba.com or alibaba.cn, there seems to be one of the biggest B2B platform which have tons of manufacturer and retailer. Wish this will help

3. Fergal

Fergal
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Premium Member
    Premium Member

Welcome to our Business Forum Vtblaze, thanks for joining and asking your business questions. What country or state is the clothing designer business based in? Will the designer do their own printing or do they wish to outsource that?

You could try services like http://www.zazzle.com/ or http://www.cafepress.com. Other options would be to find a local promotions company that could do this for you, I'm not sure where you are based but http://brightpromotions.ie/ are an example of an excellent Irish based company that can provide this type of service.

4. GekiDan

GekiDan
    uix_expand uix_collapse

5. Vtblaze

Vtblaze
    uix_expand uix_collapse

followup

I am in the US, and thanks so far for the input. I've been looking around on the web, and haven't really found exactly what I've needed. I'll check out the links sent. If anyone else has any other ideas, please post.

Thanks all.

6. Fergal

Fergal
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Premium Member
    Premium Member

Vtblaze will the designer be doing the printing themselves, or do they wish to purchase the clothes with the printing already done by the supplier?

7. Vtblaze

Vtblaze
    uix_expand uix_collapse

The designer is looking to embellish children's onsies by adding original over-layers. So the time/cost of producing the onsie shells are not reasonable unless they are purchased from a larger distributor and then relabeled under the designer's own label.

thanks again everyone!

vtblaze

8. Chanwho

Chanwho
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Why not just put in a custom order with the likes of american apparel and have them relabelled? Seem's to be what most people do.

9. Daniela2010520

Daniela2010520
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Sure you aren't in a position to contract with an exclusive manufacturer, since it's a small operation, but you do have chance to purchase those items from a small manufacturer,so far that's the best option in my mind. If you can find such manufacturer who is willing to take your order,then relabel won't be a problem anymore.
    :p

10. Kay

Kay
    uix_expand uix_collapse

You may be interested in looking into this company. Apparently you can't buy them tagless.

What this company does:

http://www.circlerprinting.com/relabeling.html

They're in CA I believe and says there are low minimum orders. Might be worth getting a quote. :)

11. ZazzlePromoCode

ZazzlePromoCode
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Zazzle is a great choice for you. Zazzle offers a custom design tool for T-shirt, you can choose your design and fix its preferences like color, print, slogan, pic... Besides, it offer many coupons, discount and free shipping regularly.
    Let's check it out at ZazzlePromoCode