where can i get a business mentor

Discussion in 'Growing and Managing a Business' started by eltonpiko, Nov 7, 2012.

1. eltonpiko

eltonpiko
    uix_expand uix_collapse

hi im quite new to the business world ive had quite a few ventures but all was unsuccessful. now im lunching in this new bpo venture and really need a good mentor to direct me to the right track and answer some of my questions when im in doubt and lost.

thanks

2. Fergal

Fergal
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Premium Member
    Premium Member

What city, state or country will you business be based in eltonpiko?

3. eltonpiko

eltonpiko
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Hi fregal my business will be base in Seychelles a small island in the Indian ocean i don't know if you have heard of it. I would like to have an online mentor.i can contact him or her via email or skype

4. MarkTaylor

MarkTaylor
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Glasgow Chamber of Commerce run a mentoring scheme so why not try there? Even if they don't have a scheme you could attend some of their networking events and see who you meet. If you are in a remote location then you could try Linked In or another form of business/social media. In either event, It's important to get a good match, though. M.

5. Fergal

Fergal
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Premium Member
    Premium Member

Hi eltonpiko, yes I've heard of the Seychelles, a very beautiful place by all accounts, maybe I'll be lucky enough to travel there some day. Do you require any particular skills, knowledge or expertise from the mentor? What particular aspects of your business are you seeking assistance with?

6. eltonpiko

eltonpiko
    uix_expand uix_collapse

maybe one day you can visit the Seychelles island.I require mentoring for financial decision making, budgeting and management. generally business related maters and especially new ventures. the mentor must have some experience in successful business venture.

7. Fergal

Fergal
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Premium Member
    Premium Member

Are there any government funded enterprise support agencies in your area? If so they may be able to provide you with some advice or access to a mentor. Also do you use the services of an Accountant, a good Accountant might be all you need?

8. Fransisca2

Fransisca2
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Hi, its nice to meet you. Even I need a business mentor, because I want to open a restaurant business.
    Yesterday, I visited the website 2misi.com and noticed that its a good place to learn all about buying a business online. You could try checking it out.
    Good Luck.