Where can I find a list of advertising costs for various cities?

Discussion in 'Internet Marketing' started by yonidf99, Nov 24, 2010.

1. yonidf99

yonidf99
    uix_expand uix_collapse

If I want to check out how much it costs for a small business to advertise in the paper, yellow pages, fliers, email... Is there a website where I can find prices for this? Including cities all across the US.

I found a site that has newspaper costs for various cities. So is there also for other forms of advertising?

#1 yonidf99, Nov 24, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 25, 2010
  2. Gomage

Gomage
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I would recommend you go to the resource you want to place ad and request the quote. First of all you will see this resource and have possibility to get convinced that this particular resource is worth paying for ads. Second you will find a lot of good resources such as free company classified derictories which would add your company proifele for free. Recently I have recently discovered a new for me way of placing ads - free classified ads. Put in google and your will find a lot of recources. I worked to little under it so far that is why can not recommend you top resources. Good luck!

3. Fergal

Fergal
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Premium Member
    Premium Member

yonidf99 sorry but I'm not familiar with a single list that could give you all that information. Could you please tell us why you are looking for that type of info? We will be able to help you more if we better understand your requirements.

Publications will often offer better rates that what they display on their rate cards. Hence, if you contact the publishers directly you may well be able to get lower advertising rates than what you could get from any list.

4. GekiDan

GekiDan
    uix_expand uix_collapse

[Similar threads merged]

May we know from what country are you?

5. driansmith

driansmith
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Premium Member
    Premium Member

Another thing to be aware of is that the published prices from advertisers is invariably vastly inflated to the real price once you get into a conversation about a real advertising campaign.

Additionally, you're asking about advertising costs concerning a wide range of different marketing vehicles. My recommendation is that you might need to focus in on a tighter marketing strategy before going any further. An e-mail campaign for example would be much better suited to achieve certain marketing objectives whereas Yellow Pages are better suited to other marketing objectives.

Do not spend money on individual elements of your marketing mix until you have clearly defined your marketing objectives and strategies.